110 in Canada?

NewFTAuser
Unregistered guest
I'm in Canada, more specificaly Saskatchewan. I used to have DirecTV a while back, and just recently bought FortecStar Lifetime Ultra, and I tried using the DTV dish to catch DishNet and from what I read so far that's 110 & 119. In my search for the signal on the roof, I found BEV signal. Level 84%, Quality 84%. But I can't find 110 or 119. Which way do I have to move it from BEV to find 110? I looked for programs to find birds, but all of them ask for a US zip code. Any help is appretiated.

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 56
[link removed]

Both of these have Canadian cities. Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Klemper

Post Number: 37
You have to go directly south, or to the right of bell for 110 and then slightly more to the right for 119. You should get a 30 in dish too. I use a 30 for 119 and a old bell 18 for 110. seems to work good, but 119 is kinda hard to find. I used my old bell receiver to help pick up 110 and 119. i am in regina so this should help you somewhat.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 178
Your DTV dish and LNB's are fine (actually the best and easiest...no skew to mess with) to get the 110 and 119..Use the dish pointing calculators,they do all the work for U..there is no need for a 30 inch dish to get either the 110 or 119 birds..

NewFTAuser
Unregistered guest
well so far I've had no luck with the 110 (didn't even try 119). My level is sitting at 55% and stays there all the time, sometimes goes between 54 and 55. What do you mean by dish pointing calculators? Those programs on the net, or some piece of hardware that can be purchased?

RYAN KLEMP: What elevation do you have for your 110 18" dish? From those online programs appearently I need 30.3 elevation, I've tried from 29 to 32 with no luck. I think I'm just not doing good with the azimuth.

Bronze Member
Username: Klemper

Post Number: 38
I will check when i get home tonight

Anonymous

good

NewFTAuser
Unregistered guest
NM, I got it. Elevaton 27 for me, I guess that pole isn't very perpendicular, but I got it now. Thanks for the help.

Username: Wije

Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
i have a dual dish pro satelite dish which has 119 and 110 on it which way do i postion it so that i would get all the channels in the satelite including ppv, and i'm also using the fortec reciver.

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 68
@wijendren sri shanker

http://www.arachnoid.com/satfinder , download the software, type in your zip code, get coordinates.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us