Optoma EP719

Username: Tehipwn

Post Number: 7
I've been going between all the different kinds of HDTV technologies, and I think I may have decided to go with either LCD or DLP projectors.

Is http://www.techdepot.com/product.asp?productID=3426945&info=Tech#tabs a good model? It has all the specs I'm looking for, it seems like it's a really good deal. 1024X768, 2500:1 Contrast, 2000 Lumens..all for $1000. So, is it too good to be true?

And for a semi-related question. If I want between a 60-70 diagonal screen, how far away should the projector be to have an unpixelated image? I'm planning on sitting about 6-7 feet away from the screen.

Username: Tehipwn

Post Number: 8
Oh yeah, I'm planning to use the projector as a home theatre piece. Not for my main TV viewing. I will hook my PC, DVD, and Xbox360 up to it; will this model accomplish my goal?

Username: Innopeak2000

Post Number: 1
I got one few days back and I am very happy with it.

But, I see one problem. The SVideo input seems to give me the best picture. The component Video input seems to have washed out colors. Has anyone seen this?

Unregistered guest
I've been messing with this projector for a while and I think it all depends on your DVD player or the source of video. My high def sat is awesome through the xga port. I've got the samsung 841 going component out instead of DVI because the upscaling is not that good on it . Image is alot clearer through component. So that tells me I need something like the oppo971 or the denon 1920 with both having the faroudja chip in them . That makes everthing better in the upconversion. On most DLPs that are for presentations , the lumens are higher for presentations, but the color saturation is better on a movie projector. The color wheels on the DLPs for presentations are not as many as the ones for movies. look as some of the websites on the net and look into this colorwheels on DLPs . Just so you know, I love my EP719. I've been using mine for a while and love it. That's all I use mine for is high def and DVDs. I got mine open box at BEst buy for 800.00 . It had a total of 3 hours on it. WOW!!! I'll take it! I'm using a 106" screen and I really like it . What I do is put alot of saturation in and take contrast out alot or until my blacks lose out . This is an awesome projector for the money . Some people say they can see that color wheel on it , but I quess i'm one of the lucky ones who don't , so I quess I'll enjoy my DLP projector with it's deep blacks and bright colors. The only colors that sometimes bother me on any DLP is the yellows, but there are pros and cons on both DLP and LCD . before you purchase either one , consult a professional or look up stuff on net as much as possible. There are pros and cons to both so happy hunting and get either to watch them movies.
because there's no experience but a big screen.

Username: Ferguson3833

St. Joseph, Missouri USA

I have the Optima 719. I was thinking about buying the "VGA Male to Component Female Adapter for the Optoma EP71x" for my projector. Has anyone had a problen with one of these adapters? I want to use the projector for home theater. Right now I'm using the S-video and the composite connections. Also, I tried to hook up laptop to my projector using the VGA cable that came with my projector. The projector says that it cannot find the source. Has anyone had a problem with thier VGA port? Is anyone using thier VGA port?

Bronze Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 49
bring down your desktop resolution to 1024 x 768.

Username: Sandilc

I have the Optima 719 and I love it. But, I have lost the directions that came with the projector. Can anyone supply me with a copy or the manufacturer's address? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you,
Sandy Clancy

Username: Denlander

New york, Ny Usa

I have an Optima DVD projector. I am very pleased with the DVD player aspect. Now I want to use a video camera and project "live" camera throught the projector. I plugged in the camera to the RCA plugs in the optima but no picture. Is there a change I should make on the menu. I do not know how to change "source"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us