JVC AV-56P575 problem

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 21
Hi, I have a 56" Rear Projection CRT JVC AV-56P575
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027241&pathId=79&page=1 that I bought about 18 months ago. I've been very happy with the TV and its quality, but recently I've been having a problem with it. It's nothing mechanical, but at the top of screen there is what looks to be like a black piece of felt hanging down from the top of the screen. It is behind the screen of the TV, but obscures the picture. It doesn't look terrible, but it definitely ruins what otherwise is a beautiful picture.

I don't think this is covered by warranty, and even if it was, lugging the TV to a repair center just for this would be a huge task. It looks like I can remove the top plastic frame that goes over the screen by unscrewing some screws in the back, but I'm not sure. I don't want to be taking apart my TV if I don't have to.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this specific model, and if it would be a good idea for me to try and take apart my TV (I'm not really sure what I'd be doing). Or what an estimate might be at a service center for a minor non-mechanical repair like this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us