Leaking CRT in Mitsubishi VS-5043

Jon Sevel
Unregistered guest
The green crt is leaking coolant onto the highvoltage board. The result is the set shuts off after you turn it on. I have cleaned the board and the set is working but I need to locate a new crt any thoughts about where I can get one. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 127
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/index.html

Part # 251C077020 Vendor: MITSUBISHI

*** INACTIVE PART *** USE SUBSTITUTE IF AVAILABLE

You pay: $360.80 EA
Core credit: $0.00
Final price: $ 360.80 EA

Hatch
Unregistered guest
Jon Sevel,
I have the same problem with my WS-55907, how did you clean your electronics board. There is a company in Louisiana which can rebuild and seal the CRT. The problem I have is who to remove and install the CRT.My problem is the "blue CRT"

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
Hatch, Why not post the name of the company which can "rebuild" your crt?

Why not post that info in your first post? Instead of being asked to post it?

1: It may help someone in the same boat.
2: You may find that the company that you think can rebuild that crt is not on the up an "up". Which could save you some money /hassle /keep you from being ripped off.

(Then again, you may get feedback from others who have done business with that company, saying they do good work.)

Hatch
Unregistered guest
Sorry, did't know I was going to get "Chewed Out"
Company which rebuilds CRTs is:
Video Display Corp.
1416 Alpine Boulevard,
Bossier City, La. 71111.
Phone # 800-241-5005

Unregistered guest
I have a VS 5043 Mistubishi projection TV. I turn it on and it works for about 30 seconds, then the screen cuts out to black--no illumination, however I can still hear the program from the speakers....so i'm getting a signal, just no picture. Any thought?... do I need a new lamp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 221

Hatch,

Think about it... Jon Sevel, the thread starter posted he was in need of a crt.... I look it up and the CRT is no longer avail (thru that vendor)
It's listed as a "inactive part". so really a re-build /used crt is going to be he only option.

You post saying there is a company in Louisiana which can rebuild and seal the CRT... That you are having the same problem which means you probably have contacted them or have their contact info.

You don't post their contact info, or say, Hey man if you want I'll look it up for you". (I can see you not having it at your fingertips..i.e at another location, etc. Most people say Hey, I've got the contact info for a company in LA that can rebuild crts... I'll post back the name, etc asap, since I'm at work, info is at home or vs-versus)

If you re-read thru this post again, there ARE reasons that would benefit YOU in posting the contact info of the company... You may find out as I stated in point #2 that the company that you think can rebuild that crt is not on the up an "up". Which could save you some money /hassle /keep YOU from being ripped off.

Wouldn't YOU rather find out BEFORE you did business with them that others had a good or bar experience with that company? (assuming you haven't already done business with them) By posting the name upfront... you may get some feedback to save YOU money.... hassle...

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=483759#POST483759

On your concern on replacing the blue CRT... why not do it yourself?

Peace.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us