Hitachi 50V500 LCD?

Username: James_bong

Post Number: 1
Has anyone here had any experience with the Hitachi 50V500? This site has come up in just about every googling I've done while researching which HDTV to buy, with the exception of this LCD set.

I went to Video Only this evening to see if they carried the Samsung HLN507W. My friend has this tv and it looks really good. I was so green with envy I just had to have one. The salesman informed me that they do not carry Samsung DLP's because "they have too many moving parts" blah blah. Of course he has to bad mouth these sets because he doesn't have them. What he did have was the gorgeous 50V500. The screen was much brighter, and I must say ever so much crisper, than the 50" Sony set up next to it.

What little I've found on the Hitachi confirms what the guy told me. Great color and brightness, a lot more features than the Sony, and much better color control than just about everyone else out there. I'm a little weary of LCD's because of the dead pixel problem, but are DLP's as much (or more) unreliable due to all those little moving mirrors?

Anonymous

Do a search for this TV on here. You will find numerous post about it. Long story short, I researched every day for about 3 months on which TV to buy and purchased a 50V500 a few weeks ago. My other choice was a samsung DLP 46". The Samsung is a nice TV and you will not go wrong with them either. For me, the 50V500 was better.

I found it at www.shopsunshine.com for $2699. My local Ultimate Electronics matched that price. Good Luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us