Component connection

Username: Nachos333

Post Number: 1
im frustrated....i've tried so many times to connect my dvd player to my plasma tv but none work...can anyone help me and tell me how to connect a dvd player to a plasma tv through component cables?

Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 7
Most dvd players has an option for component signals to be ON or OFF in their settings. Check yours and set it to ON once.

Username: Tyke180

Little rock, Arkansas Usa

Post Number: 1
i need help i have a yamaha reciever that i want to hook my components through.i can hear my dvd when it is playing but i cant get a picture.the guy at best buy sold me a digital coax cable,which there is an outlet for on my dvd player but there is nowhere to hook it up on my reciever.my reciever has a different type of digital hook up on the back.i have the s video cables and the other cables,i need help please please .

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 17
You say that you can hear your dvd, so I assume that your sound connection was done. But you also say that you couldn't connect the digital coax cable to your receiver. Digital coax is for sound. There's also an optical type of it. I suppose your receiver has only optical input for digital sound. So, if you can hear the sound from your receiver, what kind of a sound cable did you use? S video cable is for video. If your dvd has S video out, use the S video cable to get picture. If this does not solve your problem, tell the brands/models of your receiver and dvd player please.

Post Number: 2
my dvd has svideo out so do i connect that svideo to my reciever,i think i have it connected to my tv right now.my dvd is a sony i have a dishnetwork box a sansui tv and a yamaha reciever with burley and wharfedale speakers.i know its quite a combination but i think eventually when its all hooked up right it should be great.

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 18
If your receiver has s-video input and output, you can connect your dvd's s-video out to your receiver's s-video input. But if you connect like this, you should also connect your receiver's s-video out to your tv's s-video input by another s-video cable. It is quite normal to connect dvd to tv via s-video if you have only one s-video connection to tv.

Post Number: 3
thanks for the suggestions but i dont have svideo out from my reciever dvd only svideo input.its totally confusing me right now.i have svideo out for all my other components though.

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 19
If your receiver has an s-video input for dvd player (and for other components), it should also have an s-video monitor out which to be connected to your tv's s-video input. What is the model number of your Yamaha receiver?

Post Number: 4
i will try that and see what happens,the reciever is a rxv800.i dont have the remote as someone gave me the equipment.i downloaded the manual but you need a degree in electronics to understand this.thanks for your help so far its greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 20
I found the image of the back panel of Yamaha RX-V 657 on the net. It has the s-video monitor outs (RCA and S-video). So, RX-V 800 should also have.

Username: Teleman

Post Number: 2
help please.I want to wire up my dvd player for component.Do I wire up the composite to the receiver and optical as well with the component wiring to the TV??

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1908
There's no need for any video connections to the receiver. Just one of the digital audio connections, coax or optical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us