Copy vhs to vhs

Username: Kencougars08

Post Number: 1
i know i may sound silly to some but how do you make another copy of a vhs tape you already have? i know i need two vcr and a blank vhs tape but could someone please guide me through the process? i would truly appreciate it.

Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 4
Yes, you need two vcrs and connect the outputs of source to inputs of target. Connection type could be via scart or rca and depends the type of in/outs on your vcrs. Once the connection completed you should switch your target vcr to line 1 or 2 according to your connection and record while the source plays.

qwertyqwertyqwerty
Unregistered guest
I gave the exact same connection but I am still unable to record. What am I doing wrong?

qwertyqwertyqwerty2
Unregistered guest
Thank you - I figured my problem!

Shinnshill
Unregistered guest
I'm also trying to copy a personal VHS. I do have two VCR and connected as you said above. But Iam still not able to record and I haven't figured my problem. Please help me!!

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 12
Shinnshill - detailed explanation needed. How the VCRs connected? What kind of line inputs does your target VCR have? Do you select Line 1 or 2 on target while recording? Or did you try to switch them while recording to see whether it makes any difference?

Shinnshill
Unregistered guest
Good to see your response in timely manner. Thank you for that!!
I put one side of white line to audio-mono(out) in the source VCR and the other side of white line to audio-mono (in) into the target VCR. And yello for video in the same way.
The source VCR means the VCR plays the VHS. Target VCR means the VCR with a blank tape, right?
The source VCR is connected to cable and tv.
I don't seem to understand what Line 1 or 2 means.
You asked me what kind of line inputs my target VCR have....hm~~ Aren't there two, one for cable/antena, and the other for video(yellow), audio (red/white)? Is that what you're asking?:-(

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 13
Shinnshill,

Your connectyon is correct, but you should switch your target vcr to Line input to record signals from the line output of source vcr. Target should *not* be set to any program numbers like 01-99. It should display 'LINE' or 'LINE1' or 'LINE2' whatever it has. If there were no buttons to switch to Line input, you can try to set it to highest program number (e.g.99) and press the program up or + button to get it to switch to LINE.

Shinnshill
Unregistered guest
Dear Ocaklilar
How do I switch to Line. Where do you see it display? I saw a switch at the back of VCR saying CH3 /CH4 other than that I don't know see Line. If you are talking about the front of the VCR I see chanel. How do i set that to Line? I don't see any + or program button. Also I don't have a remote control.

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 14
What is the brands and models of your source or target vcrs? May be I can find something in internet. LINE or or L or L1 or L2, something like that should be displayed where the program numbers shown. How do you change the programs on vcr? Isn't there a program - + buttons to skip next or previous programs?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1750
If you can't get to line by going through the channels, there's an input button on the remote and you won't be able to get there without it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us