Sony 40" KDLV40XBR1 LCD

Username: Lakersfreak

Post Number: 3
Hey guys just bought one but waiting for shipment. Is this a good tv, especially for video games????

It seems like you guys here know what you are talking about.

Thanks for the opinions

pat latch
Unregistered guest
Also lookinfg to buy, Is this true HDTV compatible? How does it compare with plasma screens of equal size?

Post Number: 4
c'mon guys anyone out there?

MIKE_R50
Unregistered guest
I was lucky because I found one in an open box at CC and got a nice discount.

I have only had it a few hours but I am second guessing the service agreement I bought. It cost over $500 for 3 years.

Do you have any reason to believe this type of TV needs a service agreement?

Anonymous

typical 3-yr service agreement should be NO MORE than $300. Ask Sears, 6th Ave Electronics.

BTW, what's a ball-park figure for a "nice discount"?

Thanks much.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 131
Wow Best Buy covers that same TV in home for 4 years and the price is 549.99.Its worth it on LCD's cause if a pixel goes out that can be replaced and its covered. This TV is HD compatible for sure.Has a built in tuner so you can recieve off air with just adding antenna.A nice discount for me is when i i bought one of the first KDLV40XBR1's brand new for $2,300 plus tax. :-) IMO the best LCD on the market.No comparble plams because they come in 42" inch and above. Something close would be 43' Pioneer which goes for $4,499.99

hewhositsandwaits
Unregistered guest
Get your sony anywhere (authorized) and within 30 days get your service plan direct from Sony through Sony style usa. An LCD CRT or Projection tv costing $2500 to $3500 is just $289.99 for 5 years. No free replacement bulb though. I did call sonystyle but I havent done this yet. Can anyone think why isn't this the best way to go?

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 135
Yeh but how do they service it ship it in? On a LCD rear projection you can get get covered with Best Buy for 4 years and it cover unlimited bulbs and they come to you house and service.Covered by anything but physical damage.

Anonymous

Good question. The terms and conditions on the web site say it is on site service and even covers accidental damage and power surges. Bulbs for rear projections will cost you $249 though. Go to sonystyle usa and search on "Sony Extended Service Plans". I guess all these service contracts sub out the work to local rapair shops. Ill bet in some areas Best Buy and Sony could be contracting with the same shop.

Anonymous

Hi guys,
Can any one explain the difference between Sony KLVS40a10 vs. KDLV40XBR1? I am in the process to purchase one unit and would like to know differences in prices, quality, resolution, etc.
Thank you

Anonymous

Just purchased a Sony KDLV40XBR1 from Sears. Delivery is supposed to be by Dec. 20. The floor model did not have the "Bravia" logo on the top left corner of the tv. I wanted the Bravia but the salesman couldn't really explain. Should I be concerned?

Username: Voipben

Post Number: 1
<small>Can any one explain the difference between Sony KLVS40a10 vs. KDLV40XBR1? I am in the process to purchase one unit and would like to know differences in prices, quality, resolution, etc. </small>
The main difference is that the XBR (V Series - KDLV40XBR1) has a built-in HD tuner. However, it also has a bunch of video features that make it worthwhile IMO, such as Sony's new CCFL backlight, DRC multifunction and the Wega engine. (A few extra audio features as well.) Compare the XBR to the S series in-store and you should see quite a difference.

Post Number: 7
I have the xbr1 and mine does have Bravia written on top left. How much did you pay?? It should've costed you around $3500

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 153
Bravia is the series of both.The 40a10 is just a monitor. The 40XBR1 has a built in tuner.Also the XBR has 1300:1 contrat as aposed to 40A10 with 1000:1 contrast. XBR1 is digital cable ready and can use a cable card. The DRC palette is better in the XBR making it smoother on lower quality signals.( read my above post for details on coverage and priceing.)

HRO
Unregistered guest
Saw the KDL-V40XBR1 and was impressed but the price was kind of high...around $3400. Does anything else compare?...just want to make sure before I spend that much on a TV. Thanks for any assistance.

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 158
Nothing else compares to that TV unless you want a bigger LCD and get the 45 inch Sharp. Go in there and tri to get them to drop the price down to 3199.99 and they should.

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 35
I've been around here for a while, but just saw this thread...anyone looking for this TV, we are selling it for $2775.00 delivered.

Some of you may know me from this thread:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/69211.html

If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489
tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net

biopic
Unregistered guest
So do the 40A10 and the 40XBR1 use the same screens but different guts or are they two completely different screen types? What makes the contrast better, the type of screen or the electronics that run it. The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to hook mine up to a computer with a DVD drive. I think the video cards on most computers are better than the video processors on most TVs.

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 162
Read up two posts from yours thnx.

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 52
Once again, anyone looking for this TV, we are selling it for $2775.00 delivered for ecoustics.com members.

We just added some new features to our website...you can now read customer reviews...there aren't many there now, but there are a few:
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Your_Experience_with_TapeWorks_Texas.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Consumer_Video_and_Audio.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Pro_Video_and_Audio.html

If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489
tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a KLVS40A10 Sony LCD TV. I am also using a Motorola 6200 for HD reception. However, I am finding the wide mode for the TV "flicks" between several zoom settings (on its own)throughout a program (typically this occurs w/ analog stations). Also the zoom does not stay "set" for the HD stations - resulting in inconsistent viewing ratios for each station.

The analog stations and zoom settings stay set when I attach the cable directly from the outlet to the TV, but when I use the HD box the "flicking" begins.

I have switched out the cable box for a new one, so the problem is not there. I suspect however, there may be a conflict in settings between the two components.

Does anyone know the correct setups for this equipment (I suspect it may be a 4:3 override problem on either the Tv or the cable box), but I still have not achieved satisfactory results.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us