Help:-( Picture problems with JVC Projection

Username: Tlwolfe

Circleville, Ohio

Post Number: 3
Model AV-48WP74
PICTURE IS DISTORTED, BOWS INWARD WITH LARGE BLACK AND GREY FUZZY LINES THROUGH THE PICTURE AS WELL. THE PICTURE IS RECOGNIZABLE BUT UNWATCHABLE. SOUND IS FINE. CABLE AND INPUT LINES WERE CHECKED. UNABLE TO WATCH DVD OR VHS ON THE TV. UNABLE TO ACCESS MENU PER REMOTE OR PFRONT PANEL.
I HAVE ONLY HAD THE TV ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF. PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME ITS NOT A GONER.
ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS.
HELPFUL SMURF OFFERED A REBOOT, TRIED THAT AND IT DID NOT WORK. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE. TRYING TO DO THIS WITHOUT THAT COSTLY TECH VISIT. NO, I DIDNT GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. TIMES LIKE THESE ... HERES YOUR SIGN

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 93
Sounds like your looking at a service call.

I sort-of know what it may be, be don't know the proper terms to use.

PICTURE IS DISTORTED, BOWS INWARD - on some sets part of the HV? section if it goes does not feed another section causing this problem.

Could be a digital convergance board problem if it's a RPCRT set.

UNABLE TO WATCH DVD OR VHS ON THE TV. UNABLE TO ACCESS MENU - Are you saying it does not come up, or you just can't see it?

Sounds like a service call is in order. About the only thing you could do is to reseat the boards, and depending on your tech skills remove the boards and look for BAD solders.

Curious, does the set do it COLD, HOT, Or all the time. Sounds like a bad solder somewhere.

Each time you turn the set ON, the OFF, the boards expand and contract... OVer time a crack appears somewhere.. and bingo... problematic set.

The thing is MOST boards are wave soldered, the boards and components meeting up, all items being soldered at the same time.

The problem is a LARGE item needs more HEAT... a small itme does not... so unless the mfg goes back and hand solders the LARGE items again, the LARGE items get a cold solder... which after time developes a crack. I'd place money on a bad solder to one of the larger components, maybe in the HV section.

BTW: MAKE SURE TO POST BACK "DETAILED INFO" about THE FIX to the problem so the info may help someone else later looking for the same info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us