New DVD Digital Recorders

Anonymous

It appears the new breed of Digital recorders has Copy protection built in, in a chip I would assume, anyone know of any progress of that being defeated, such as removing the chip,or rewriting it. Thanks

fx
Unregistered guest
They have all had it built in since the inception of the concept. What may have changed is that the source material is now being transmitted with one of the 5C digital copy protection flags and they may be set improperly. Cable companies make this mistake all the time. HBO has recently added the copy once flag to much of their programming as has Showtime.

You can always copy a downconverted analog version to either a DVD or VHS tape, this has not changed.

The 5C spec allows:

Copy Never
Copy Once
Copy with no restrictions
Copy with time restrictions

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

Well, I am in the opinon that if man can make it, man can unmake it.

Anonymous

I received a DVD recorder as a gift, with the idea that I could record movies from HBo on the digital cable in the family room and watch on DVD players in other rooms of the house. I can only record the movies, thanks to copy protection, in DVD-Ram format, which will not play in any other players in the house. I'm not a technical person. Can anyone help me, in plain English.

Username: Duckhunter

Post Number: 2
DVD-RAM? Are you recording the movies on a Panasonic DVD recorder? Few DVD players recognize DVD-RAM disks. Have you tried playing the DVD's on a different Panasonic player?

Anonymous

I have a Panasonic that is a year old. It will ignore the copy restriction. I have a new Toshiba. It will only allow a copy restricted program to be written to a DVD-RAM disk. On the disk it has a copy protection scheme that I have been unable to find a solution. The only solution seems to be keep it on RAM. I am awaiting the arrival of a GODVD to see if placing it infront of the DVD recorder will solve the problem.

Pav
Unregistered guest
I am recording on a Toshiba. It wil only record copy-protected movies on DVD-RAM. What is GODVD and how do I use it?

Anonymous

GODVD is a box that goes between a source and the recorder. It is supposed to allow you to copy your own protected VCRs and DVDs. I haven't yet received it so I can't tell you if it actuall works.

Anonymous

My GODVD arrived. I hooked it up and it worked great. My "Fantasia" is now on DVD-R. "Barbarella" which was not only copy protected but unwatchable because the picture kept rolling is now on DVD-R without the roll. I can now record from Directtv movie channels to my DVD-R.

ych
Unregistered guest
Help, I just purchased a SONY DVD Recorder & VHS Combo Player RDR-VX515. I have Directv DVR R10 and a GE tv with only one set of the red/yellow/white connection and antenna connection. None of the instructions actually show the back of my DVR - I need pictures. Can anyone advise how to hook up the Sony - simply. So far I get sound but no picture? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us