Connecting PC to HDTV through HDMI to DVI converter

Username: Gukarma

Post Number: 2
Hey guys,

Nice community you guys got.

Just got myself an HDTV, and I am a bit puzzled as to how to get it set up for what I want properly. I picked up a 32' phillips HDTV (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7023482&type=product&id=1099394447 003).

Got a good deal on it. Happy with it otherwise, but it doesn't really do what I wanted it to: I connected my PC to it through a DVI to HDMI converter cable, and I get no signal!!

Is my TV just not able to do it, or is it just impossible over all? My video card has component out, which I might just go with anyway, since it works (and fairly well). The reason I wanted DVI to HDMI was that signal quality would be fully digital and thus much better, right? Pitty I can't get it to work.

Should I keep trying to use HDMI to DVI converters or just stick to component?

Thanks.

Post Number: 3
Anyone got anything?

Post Number: 4
Interesting that no one has tried this before.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I have my PC (VGA) connected to my Panasonic RP-LCD VGA input even though the PC video card has both VGA and DVI out. For those HDTV without a VGA input, I guess the problem with the PC-DVI-to-TV HDMI connection is that the PC-DVIis *not* HDCP compliant and your HDTV-HDMI will not take it. You could upgrade your PC Video card with one that has DVI/HDCP compliant. I believe ATI X-series have them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us