Samsung dlp

thewiz
Unregistered guest
is there much more to this tv than the light engine

Username: Tomb

Post Number: 7
Nope...In this case you do not get what you pay for!!!

Bed Frailey
Unregistered guest
Fred Bailey,Wow, gee I wonder who THAT is?

TOM.

thewiz
Unregistered guest
i was told by a repair man on friday that he was going to put in a new light engine, now he wants to take my tv to the shop to see if there is another part that is bad. i said what else is there, he said alot of other parts could be bad. some times when it starts up the light will not come on. i hear the color wheel spining and the ballast clicking but the light will not come on. i unplug it and then the next day it will start up it has happened a hand full of times since sept 2. when it happens all three lights are flashing which means the bulb is bad but then it runs the whole next day????????????

thanks for any info you can give me

Beware of the crook!
Unregistered guest
That guy is a thief. The lamp is all you need.

thewiz
Unregistered guest
from what i have read the lamps last 5 hours or so after they start to go. sometimes it goes a week with no problems.then it won't start up so i unplug it and then the next day it will work all day. so i don't think its the bulb

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 367
The lamp can act in that very mannor. There are two electrodes that create an arc. As the electrodes burn away the gap widens and creates an intermittant firing condition. This can go on for many weeks before it won't fire at all.

I would replace the lamp.

While your waiting for the new lamp to arrive it is best to get the old one fired up and leave it on 24/7 so you have no downtime. It doesn't hurt anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us