Mitsubishi 52725 keeps shutting down

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if any of you have experienced this problem. Occasionally a message on the tv screen appears and states that it is going to shut down and to check to see of the air filter is blocked. The filter is not blocked, it has several inches of open space. I have had this problem before and the technician replaced the fan and the heat sensor. Apparently, if the tv believes that it is overheating it will shut itself down. After the tv shuts down I restart it and it works fine for another couple of weeks when it happens again. I am thinking that the air filter needs to be vacuumed or replaced every 3-6 months. Have any of you had the same problem and if so, what did you do.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Bill

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
Hasn't anybody had this problem??????

Username: Adobbins

Post Number: 1
The "light engines" on V26 models have two heat sensors and two fans on them.

Could the technician have replaced the wrong ones?

In my experience with these sets, the message you describe has always involved a faulty lamp sensor.
When the set shuts down, do you notice if any of the LEDs on the front panel are blinking?

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
Andrew, yes I have, the led on the front of the set usually blinks green for a while and then the tv shuts down. One time the led blinked red and I had to push the reset button before it turned green and then shut down. Once I turn the tv back on a message shows up on the screen asking if I have replaced the bulb.

Username: Adobbins

Post Number: 2
Like I said, the problem you described has always had something to do with a faulty lamp sensor. The "Power" LED will normally blink green for about 45 seconds after the set shuts down because the fans are cooling the lamp down - that's normal.

If the set shuts down again try seeing what error code it gives you. You can do this by pressing and holding down the "Device" and "Menu" buttons on the front control panel for about five seconds. For example if the set is running alright, the "Power" LED will blink once, pause, and then blink twice = (12)

Here are the error codes for the V26 models:
12 - No error detected
22 - Recovery from momentary reset
32 - Lamp Cover open
33 - Air Filter Cover open
34 - Lamp abnormality
35 - Chassis Fan failure
36 - Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure
37 - Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure
38 - Excess Lamp Temperature
39 - Excess DMD Temperature
41 - Short Detected