Newbie Question-help with connecting TV to devices

Username: Nessie

Post Number: 1
I need to be pointed in the right direction on how to setup my TV with my receiver and DVD\VCR combo.
DVD\VCR combo-Toshiba SD-V392SC2, connections coax, s-video, RCA, and component
TV-Sharp LC-37DB5U, connections coax,s-video, component, rca and hdmi
Receiver-Bell 3100, connections S-Video, RCA and coax
The cables I have at home right now are 1 S-Video, 3 RCA, 1 Component, 2 Coaxial.

How can I set these up so I can them all working together. I have tried everything with no success. An example is that I have not been able to get the VCR to record Satellite. Please help.

Post Number: 2
I have setup the following:
S-Video and RCA audio from the satellite receiver to the TV.
Component Video and RCA audio from the DVD player to the TV.
For Satellite recording I connected Coax from the receiver to the DVD\VCR combo.
For viewing VCR I connected Coax from the DVD\VCR to the TV.

Everything is currently except that I am having some sort of issue with changing channels on the receiver now. It seems not to be a consistent issue (It comes and goes away). The satellite receiver converter does not respond sometimes or is very slow to respond when changing channels or viewing the guide. I've removed the Coax from the receiver to the TV and I have been monitoring the situation and ysterday it was working fine. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Post Number: 3
I have setup the following:
S-Video and RCA audio from the satellite receiver to the TV.
Component Video and RCA audio from the DVD player to the TV.
For Satellite recording I connected Coax from the receiver to the DVD\VCR combo.
For viewing VCR I connected Coax from the DVD\VCR to the TV.

Everything is currently working except that I am having some sort of issue with changing channels on the receiver now. It seems not to be a consistent issue (It comes and goes away). The satellite receiver converter does not respond sometimes or is very slow to respond when changing channels or viewing the guide. I've removed the Coax from the receiver to the TV and I have been monitoring the situation and ysterday it was working fine. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

kingscanyonhb
Unregistered guest
My DVD player shows intermittant skipping images on my Sony KDF-50WE655 LCD Projection TV. I have tried different CD Players with no success. I am using component video outputs. Last night a New DVD movie just purchased had this problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us