Help~Pan DMR E85H won't cut on~

Username: Rantr13

Post Number: 1
We were one of the evacuees of Hurricane Rita in which I took both my Panoasonic DMR-E85H Recorders.
However, one of them will not cut on.
You plug it in & the front panel reads "Please wait" and then in about 30 seconds it cuts to the time of the day.
The Power button will not cut the machine On nor will the remote. No buttons will do anything.
The red icon of the clock is still lit from one of the shows I had set inside the machine, however it is not recording the program when that time of the day comes.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get this machine's power to cut on?

If I have to, I can clear out the 2nd machine's hard drive by saving everything to disc then take the non-working machine's hard drive, install it into the working machine's hard-drive. Save all of that content to disc.

Or is that suggestion even an option?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
:-)

fx
Unregistered guest
"If I have to, I can clear out the 2nd machine's hard drive by saving everything to disc then take the non-working machine's hard drive, install it into the working machine's hard-drive. Save all of that content to disc.

Or is that suggestion even an option? "

What will occur if you do this is your HDD will automatically reformat after being removed and then reinstalled. There is one way to avoid this as I remember but it requires inserting the HDD, waiting for the reformat meassage to occur then removing the power connection to the internal HDD only while at the same time leaving the data cable connected. Otherwise a simple removal, reinstallation will always completely reformat the HDD to it's pristine state resulting in a loss of all previous recordings.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us