Samsung DLP "Spot/Crop circle/Stain mark" on screen.

Anonymous

Hi all,

I looked for a forum to tackle this topic but I couldnt find it so I made this thread.

I have a Samsung 5063 and after having the colour wheel replaced (which stopped that high pitched noise) the next day I noticed 2 fairly large grey spots on the screen. I did not have this problem before the colour wheel was replaced.

You can only really see it when it is against a white, light grey or yellow backround. I see it all the time because I use my computer on my TV through DVI. You can't see it during regular tv and games because it gets lost in all the colour, but its there..

I'm ticked off and I have only 5 days before I can return the set. The repair guy didnt sound too confident when I told him the problem. With the high pitched noise, he knew right away it was the colour wheel, with this he said "let me bring it in my shop and I'll take a look". I didnt like that.. I might as well have just gotten a new set I told him..

So my questions are: What are these spots, what caused them, and how can I get rid of them?

I'm sure others had this problem too, some people said it was just dust.. but I never heard any success stories about getting rid of the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Anyone at all? any info? I badly need some answers.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 143
The 5063 did have a problem with the screen and what people described as "smudging". The problem was due to the fact the the early models, such as the 63 series used a 2 ply screen, and condensation would build up in between the screens causing a smudged look. Samsungs solution was to replace the screen with a one piece design. I heard that the newer models incorporate the one piece screen. Many people said that the spots would temporarily go away if you pressed on the screen. Don't know if this is what you are seeing or not.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 360
Actually, the two layers would touch creating the blotch appearance. This was thought to be caused by static electricity.

There is a Samsung technical service bulletin, which will cover this problem correction both in and out of warranty if that's what it is.

It's very suspect that they would appear directly after the set was serviced.
It shouldn't be your nickel either way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us