Can I record on both my cable box DVR and on my DVD Hard Drive?

Anonymous

I just bought a Panasonic DMR-100H, I already have a Comcast Motorola DCT 6208 with DVR, my television is a Sony's KV27FS120 27" FD Trinitron WEGA TV. Finally I have the Sony HCD-C900 theatre system. I already have the theatre system, the tv and the cable box hooked up and running, I just want to add the dvr recorder in a way that I can record on both DVRs.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gi58

Florida USA

Post Number: 18
The easy way is to run an RF cable into the Panny box, but that would get you only the analog channels from the cable company. However, you'd be able to take advantage of the tuner in both the Comcast DVR and the Panny and record 2 programs at the same time.

If you're using your home theatre receiver as a video switcher, you should be able to add the Panny in there (assuming you have another set of input/output jacks), but it will only be able to record whatever channel the cable box is on. However, that could be useful if you want a DVD of a particular show, as opposed to just a copy of it on the Comcast DVR's hard drive.

If the Comcast DVR has multiple outputs of appropriate types that are active at the same time, you could run one of the outputs to the home theatre and another to the Panny.

Sorry this isn't more specific, but I don't have the same gear and you didn't describe the available input/outputs on all yours. Hope this helps at least a little.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us