Mitusbishi 52525 HD signal question

Username: Jld8996

Post Number: 1
I don't want to sound dumb but I think it's going to be impossilbe. I've had my 52" 52525 for about 6 or 7 months. The entire time I've had an antenna connected to Ant1 and have been receiving some local channels (abc, cbs, nbc, etc) as well as their HD channels. This past week I lost reception of all HD channels but not the regular ones. I bought a new antenna with same result. I disconnected the antenna and receive no channels. It is only the HD channels that I no longer receive. A friend who lives about 3 miles away has the same TV and still gets the HD channels over the air.

Has anyone expierenced this? Is it a problem with my HD Tuner? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

fx
Unregistered guest
Try running a new channel scan, it should solve your dilemma.

xvxvxvx

Username: Jld8996

Post Number: 2
I ran a new channel scan on both the cable and the antenna (which is on Ant2) with no luck. Last night I disconnected both the antenna and the cable. I moved the antenna to the cable input and ran the channel scan and still didn't get the HD channels. Next I disconnected both and ran a system reset and then re-ran the channel scans on both. This worked. Not sure what the problem was. I'm still curious if anyone has expierenced this.

hi-phile
Unregistered guest
I have the Mitsu 62525 with HDTV tuner. I'm using a DB4 antenna and was able to get perfect reception for all SF Bay stations and recently most of all the signals are lost. Since I bought my tv from BestBuy with extended warranty, i'm having a tech come out to look. This TV doesn't have a signal strength meter, but i'm positive that this is the problem. I think the tuners have problems. I hope they fix the problem, or I will ask them to give me a newer TV. I also flashed with a newer firmware from Mitsubishi, but it's still not helping.

hi-phile
Unregistered guest
Last night the channels started to work, 2,4,5,7,9-1 to 9-5. Still unable to get channel 20 HD (19 frequency). I've used antennaweb.org and I'm approx. 40 miles away with my antenna pointing at 305 degrees. I get all channels fine, except 20. Maybe their signal isn't as strong as the other stations, but this station is the same distance and direction as channel 4 (57 frequency) (KRON) and this station comes in fine. I guess the antenna is still to blame, but I was able to get 20 (WB) before so it's a strange problem that will probably require me to fine tune with moving the antenna some more. BTW, the tech says they can't do anything about the signal strength and that the TVs don't have any signal strength indicator (which would probably helpful). I know Sony's have signal strength, because my friends LCD Sony has it. I wish Mitsu would have included one in their software... oh well.

hi-phile
Unregistered guest
I wanted to povide an update on this. Basically, I ended up putting the antenna outside on the roof (single story house) out of the attic, but i'm still unable to get channel 11 KNTV (NBC) reliably and channel 20 (WB) at all. I still think the tuner has a problem, has anyone experienced any digital tuner problems? The firmware is 4.04, so it's not the latest, should I ask Mitsu for their latest firmware? I may try a stronger antenna (DB8).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us