Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 838
If you must.....Sony.

Plasma better choice though.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1503
I just purchased a 6178 which is identical internally to the 6168. All I can say is wow.

1080p rocks. This thing's PQ blows away the 50" 720p Samsung plasma we have in the living room. I can enjoy HD broadcasts from as little as 3 ft away and DVD movies from a standard progressive player are simply stellar, not to mention PC gaming at 1920x1080 with ZERO delay issues.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 228
Poor tom bong!

He influences nobody! hehe

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
FYI you are now DLP4ME? Too many posts as FYI hurting your credibility or are you just trying to make it look like you have agreement> As a Shill for Texas Instruments I would think one name would be enough to sucker the innocent into the abyss that is DLP.

Silver Member

Post Number: 840
Those who I do not influence will be back complaining. New RP owners are like wedding day pictures. Everyone is happy...even though 50% end up in divorce. I enjoy watching them come back with issues and watching you choose your latest name to "pump them up" while making excuses in defense of the crappy technology

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1505
Give it a rest Tom.

As I stated above I have both plasma and DLP TV's and the DLP smokes the plasma. You need to quit dwelling in the past. DLP's had problems at one time, but things have changed. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if when it comes to reliability issues(not lamp replacement, thats expected) you're rolling the dice a bit with any of these sets. In fact our plasma is less than a year old and we've already had the display go out due to a faulty relay.

I really don't understand the motivation for your incessant anti-DLP vendetta. Did you get burned with an old Samssung HLM model or something? or are you just upset that your plasma may not have been the best best choice when it comes to HDTV.

Something ain't right. No one obsessively posts the same old crap over and over as you do w/o good reason.

-Fishy

Just Wondering
Unregistered guest
Does schizophrenia count as a good reason? I think the guy is some kind of shut in weirdo judging by how often he posts here. I have this picture of a balding vulture hovering over his keyboard waiting to pounce on any DLP related thread. I think he must have gotten a venerial disease from a Korean prostitute or something.

Username: Saltyrhino

Post Number: 6
Tom, no offense, your posts are taken into account into my decisions. I know the pros and cons of DLPs and i am deciding to take the risk. You really dont have to fight everyone all the time. After your warn us of the hazards of DLPs, just sit back and let us make our mistakes, its all you can do.

Silver Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 230
Hey Just Wondering,

Now...that's very funny! hehehe!

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 134
Brad,

I owned the Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60XS955 for about 2 weeks before returning the set. It had a blue stuck pixel smack dab in the middle of the set. It was so distracting, that your eyes were constantly draw to it, even 10-12 feet back. Looked like a blue laser pen dot on the screen. Another weakness was macro-blocking with lower quality DVD's. Although this may exist somewhat with almost all RP TV's, it was unacceptable to me. The 55" and smaller sets do not magnify this problem enough to be bothersome.

As for the Samsung HL-R6168w, I cannot comment other than what I have seen in the stores. Just make sure that the rainbow effect isn't visible to you, or doesn't bother you. I didn't see it at first, but somehow trained my eyes to pick up on them after watching some DLP's at BB for about 1/2 hr straight.

Silver Member

Post Number: 841
This will be the peak sales year for micro display lamp based TVs. The price of true flat screens are gettng into RP territory that and the fact that the average JOe will not want to replace a $250 lamp every year or two aswellhe will want a flat panel to replace their CRTs and RPCRTS.

Samsung is not gearing up their Plasma plants for nothing and Toshiba is converting their CRT factories to SED build centers........

watch and learn grasshopper. You alerady bought the most obsolete Tv technology before even CRTs!

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 135
Another thing, It's tough to gauge how the TV is going to look by looking at it in the showroom. It's almost always going to look different when you turn it on in your living room. It could be better or it could look worse. Some of this is due to different signal strenghs, wiring, interference, and it's even possible to see variations from TV to TV.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1506
This will be the peak sales year for micro display lamp based TVs. The price of true flat screens are gettng into RP territory

Ummm.... I picked up my HL-R6178 for about the same price as what last years 56" tantus went for when it first came out. Sure the price of flat screens is going down, but so are all HDTV's. I doubt you'll see a 60" 1080p plasma going for $4500(or any price for that matter) anytime soon and by the time you do my set or something equivalent will in all likelihood cost much less(and so will replacement lamps btw).

Its really apples and oranges when comparing these two technologies anyways. Each has its pluses and minuses. Its a bit naive to claim that this "will be the peak sales year for micro display lamp based TVs", but I'm sure you're hoping for some justification for 800+ posts trashing this technology.

Keep dreamin. DLP's are going to be around a good while.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us