READ before buying any Lamp based TV..........

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 831
Would you buy a $20,000 car if you needed a $2000 brake job every year or two? and would you pay $3000 for an EW in addition on the same car?

Thats what a lamp will cost in perspective to the purchase price of any DLP and RPLCD TV. A lamp that does not have huge R&D expenses to recoup. No way a projector lamp should cost $200-$400. And the EW. I never bought one on anything but again it seems kind of high.

Now there is the perspective I used when deciding against DLP and RPLCD. When you look at it that way it does seem kind of rediculous to pay that much to own one of these TVs.

Not to mention the thousand posts under "Samsung Problems, And Panasonic Lamp issues, and the JVC thead....many begging for service manuals.

By these Tvs at your own risk. For 5 HD tier sations featureing HD movies you have alrady seens and nature shows....You will be suck with terrible looking Standard Tv which will be stretched and distored to fit your screen and its FIXED resolution. Save your money. Let someone else be the guinea pigs for the manufacturers...especially if you are one of those who buy a TV and do not want to baby ot and expect it to last for 7-10 years without spending another nickle....

The outlay for a RP TV:

$2500 set
$350 STAND
$250 spare LAMP (othwewisw you will be down for weeks waiying for one. Read others experiences. Don't believe me,

$400 "service plan hat may or may not cover $250 lamps in years 2 and three.

Lets see $3500 You can buy a real; nice Plasma for LESS and for that money and will not need to rationalize a warranty for Lamp replacements.

do the research Do NOT belive me. I have read these forums and come to those conclusions

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us