Time to buy...

Em&Patt
Unregistered guest
Please help!! We are moving into a new house and the first thing we will buy is TV...But which one?! Here are our choices:
Samsung HLR5067W for 2000 US - incl. delivery
HLR5667W for 2550 US- incl. delivery
HLR6167 for 2750 US- incl. delivery
Panasonic PT56DLX75 for 3100 US - incl. delivery
Panasonic PT50DL54 for 2700 Cnd -incl. stand

I know that this forum is one of the best sources for DLP so we would appreciate any help... Then it's time to decide:-))

Cheers,

Em&Patt

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 359
Distance from the set is the real question.
A 50" screen for 8 feet.
A 56" for 10 to 12 feet.
The 61" for 12 feet or greater.

I prefer the Phillips lamp, which the Samsung uses.

Standard definition will look worse on the larger screen, but ED/HD networks and HD channels are quickly pushing SD to the side.

Em&Patt
Unregistered guest
Well...our living room is pretty big and I guess we can play with the distance....but my concern after reading the forum is....Do you think that the above prices are right for the moment? The other thing that got us "off the right track" is that there are so many complains about Samsung and so many great reviews about the Panasonic. I guess the only reason to ask here is because we were ready to buy Samsung, but with all the reviews and the $2700 cnd offer from Panny we got confused.:-))) I should go and buy my dishwasher...will be a lot easier...
Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 824
EM and PAT

I hope you know if you watch 4-6 hours a day those TVs will cost you aound $250 a year to watch.

You are better off with a 50" Plasma and won't need to spend $350 for a matching stand.

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
AVS.com is the forum you should be doing your research on. Only shills here trying to sell their own product to unsuspecting people.

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
avsforum.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us