DCT 6400 Question

Unregistered guest
Here is one I have not seen in the forum. I have a Comcast DCT6400 series box, and Sony 51" bigscreen and a Projector. Question is: Can I run a dvi-hdmi connector to my TV, and the component video to my projector. Both connections coming from the DCT6400, and have them both work at the same time. I cureently am running all the video into my onkyo reciever, and pigtailing out (component) 1 to my tv, and the other to my projector. The TV analog stations look very bad, and I assume its becuase I am splitting the signal coming out of the Onkyo. But if I use 2 different cables (hdmi - tv) and component to projector, will the dct6400 output both signals at the same time??????

fx
Unregistered guest
The analog stations look bad not because you are running them thru your receiver but because you are enlarging an analog data stream meant for a 25" Tv onto a 51" screen or in the case of your projector much larger.

To answer your first question: Yes, your DCT-6400 outputs data on the component and DVI outputs at the same time (unlike some Scientific Atlanta STB's).

Be sure to check your STB output settings by going into the menu of the 6400. Turn off the STB and quickly press OK once. This will bring up an informative menu screen allowing you to observe (and change some) settings internal to your STB.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us