TV channel numbers & display don't match

Username: Lwed

Post Number: 3
I purchased a used Magnavox TV, model TP2792 B103 which didn't have a remote or owner's manual. When I turned it on, I discovered the channel numbers & the channel identifications don't match on some channels. Also, on some channels, the previous owner put words like "snot" where CBS belongs, etc. I've tried retuning the cable stations, but w/o success. Any help?

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 351
Have you checked into the menu for something, possibly titled channel ID or labels? It should be under the tuner or channel section of your menu. I'm not right in front of a Magnavox, but you should have something in the menu that allows you to change channel ID's.

Post Number: 4
The only relevant thing I find on the menu is "Channel Display" which only allows me to have the display in large or small letters.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 353
stabbing in the dark here, advanced settings or video options...I'm sure if I could get my hands on a Magnavox I could put you right where you need to be, sorry not more help

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 354
p.s. I tried pulling up the model number you supplied to see if I could find a manual online, the model number is pulling up a remote control, can you check the back of the TV and get the model number off the label there?

Post Number: 5
Thanks Cableguy for your help. On the back of the TV I found: Model TP2792 B103, Serial No. 53587662, Date Code: 3315K291E, Manufactured in 1995, Chassis Model: 27S501-00BB. Maybe this info. will help.

Post Number: 6
I still can't find any way to correct my problem.
Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 358
I did a search for a manual on your TV and came up blank, sorry. Two options remain,
1. Somebody on this forum that might have a Magnavox manual or access to one
2. Call Magnavox and see if they can assist you.

It's an older TV, and like I said...if I was right in front of it, I would be able to find what section in the menu allows you to change the channel ID. Generally speaking go through every section of the menu and check each option available and see if you can find it that way, otherwise, back to options 1 and 2. Wish I had a better answer for you.

fx
Unregistered guest
Less than a year ago all digital stations were remapped and began transmitting new PSIP imbedded data. My guess is your older Magnavox was never designed with this in mind and merely tuned to channels using their former analog frequency assignments.

If the above is the case you are pretty mush out of luck unless you have a VCR then you could at least get the analog channels labeled properly.

Another thought is finding a way for your display to rescan for the correct PSIP data. You might just try a generic net search using magnavox---rescan and PSIP to discover how other Magnavox displays have a rescan initiated. That is all I can think of, hope some of it helps.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 7
The original remote, TP2792 B103, had a "CH GDE" button used to access the channel labels. The substitute remote I have does not. The info on the channel labels is to be found on screen 3 of 5 in the features section. My TV only a 4 screens & does not have the "channel labels," "parental controls," etc. display. Any more ideas how I can change the channel labels?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us