Archive through June 14, 2005

Username: Nmike18

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
hey !! i need the new codes for today

krown
Unregistered guest
This is about the Comcast channel switching again. I got the basic package and I used to be able to get all of the expanded channels for free except comedy channel and a couple others. You think that if I got a descrambler, could I hack these channels or are they all digital now? I hate Comcast, there is no way that I will pay $50 a month just so I can watch adult swim. I am missing channels 24 through 45 now too since just a few days ago.

anonymous99999999999
Unregistered guest
can someone tell me exactly how to reset your mem on digital boxes.

Anonymous

NEVER AGAIN HACKERS

drib
Unregistered guest
I have Basic Analog Cable (TWC) with a pioneer box. The box started showing an error E2. What should I do. What does it mean. Is it possible to turn this box into a descrambled one ?

rickman
Unregistered guest
Yeah drib, i have the same problem that u have, the pioneer box started to show an error E5, can anyone help us? is it possible to put it back to work again or to reset it?

Anonymous

I'M NEW HERE, BUT I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER TO A QUESION THAT MAY ALREADY HAVE BEEN POSTED.IT'S THIS-I HAVE A MOTOROLA CABLE BOX 2244 AND HAVE RECENTLY SIGNED UP FOR DIGITAL. I GET THOSE ON ONE SET, BUT I BOUGHT A MOTOROLA 2224 CABLE BOX, FROM E-BAY TO USE ON ANOTHER REMOTE SET THAT I CAN TUNE INTO WHILE THE FIRST SET IS TUNED INTO ANOTHER PROGRAM. I AM UNABLE TO GET ONLY A COUPLE OF STATIONS ON THE SECOND BOX, ALL BELOW 99. CAN I GET A FILTER OR HOW DO I PROGRAM MY SECOND CABLE BOX TO GET THE DIGITAL CHANNELS, ON THE REMOTE TV'S THAT ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE FIRST CABLE BOX.

callmeanonymous
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, good posts. Alot of those CFT and RFT boxes have been getting killed by the companies. My brother bought one of those filters and he says their pretty good, but i guess if your company still hasnt upgraded to digital, it doesnt matter much huh.

That guy Ron B posted that cableboxfilters.com site. My brother uses the same one they sell 'HPO-54' and he thinks its a good buy.

Good looking out by the way, i love this site and its great cable talk. laters.

Anonymous

I'M FROM NY AND I HAVE IO DIGITAL. I ALSO HAVE A FILTER I PURCHASED A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO. I JUST GOT IO 2 WEEKS AGO AND I NEVER HEARD ABOUT ERASING THE MEMORY. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ERASE IT?

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I've read most of the comments on digital service and I must say, I am rather confused with the controversy that surrounds this issue. I am a single mother and I definitely cannot afford premium cable service. My son is 7 and loves Cartoon Network but I no longer have this channel since I've downgraded to Broadcast Basic (Cablevision IO, BRONX-NY). My question to anyone, who is willing to advice me properly with no gimicks.. Is there anything that can enable me to get Cartoon Network? Thank you all for your time and efforts.

cableTV hobbyist
Unregistered guest
Buy Lego!!!!!

Analog boxes are hacked...digital cannot be hacked. Amen.
I have a ton of TWC analog boxes that get the lower than 100 channels.

Username: Bernie4247

Post Number: 1
Digital boxes cant be hacked????hmmmmm i live in Ontario Canada, we clone our digital receivers,, no one reflashing chips???? No PPV,s but so what......filters and descramblers DONT work....hmmmmm

Unregistered guest
I have basic digital cable with cablevision, and someone gave me another box of the same kind that I am using. It is missing the access card. I will like to know if I can use this new box in another room ,using a splitter, if I can acquire an access card for this new box.

Anonymous helper
Unregistered guest
You can use a filter for digital cable. It is on sell for $14.95 and works with all sorts of cable boxes that are digital.

Anonymous

Has anyone purchased from cableboxfilters and/or used a filter for an HDTV box? If so, I need your expertise!

Anonymous

I have an RFT gold series box and recently moved and have a new cable company with and Scientic Atlantic 8500 anolog box. Will the RFT gold work on this box an HOW, Thanks

Anonymous

I have the same question as known. I have basic cable chan's 2-24, the company installed a filter inline on the house junction box. Is there anyway to open these filters and "gut" them so the tech doesn't see anything wrong, like removing the filter. There are two pin holes on the top of the filter that look like a min-spanner wrench would fit to remove the top.

Buy_it_NOW
Unregistered guest
Filters are a scam. Filter sellers post here to suck other people in. You will get charged for every PPV you order. You cannot "wipe" the memory, that's a lie. Of course, if you're posting here, you probably don't want to believe this, so go ahead and buy one. The cost of the filter, no matter what the scammer charges, will be tiny compared to the bill the cable company is going to send you. Incidently, Radio Shack sells the same filter for $4 or $5. Why not ask the Radio Shack guy about it, and see what he says?

Anonymous

I read most of the postings but did not notice one that can help. I only have internet cable modem service. With an old SA box hooked on a Y splitter i get standard channels on the TV. Can I increase the amount of channels I get (Discovery Explorer etc..don't care for ppv)? should it be a filter, a descrambler, a fix on the SA unit or there is no tech fix yet?

Anonymous

I read most of the postings but did not notice one that can help. I only have internet cable modem service. With an old SA box hooked on a Y splitter i get standard channels on the TV. Can I increase the amount of channels I get (Discovery Explorer etc..don't care for ppv)? should it be a filter, a descrambler, a fix on the SA unit or there is no tech fix yet?

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 120
Digital internet cable is a no go for a hack and you know that.

joeblow876
Unregistered guest
filters work 4 me. but i have digital.

Anonymous

Im not a member i was just being nosey. Not that it matters anyhow. I have Comcast and have had it for years. 7 months ago i figured out how to re-write my mobile Sim cards. that wasnt easy to figure out. And now I make free phone calls on all my phones. I was using a SDK i got off a torrent site. Its linux based and can use Unix interface and commands. I turned my attention to My television right after that. For the last 5 month my laptop has been connected to SA Digital Cable box. Every 2 way communication is intercepted and sent back with the proper commands.(took small amount of time to figure those out, but with the help of one of the HPO's I got it. Who new those could be good for anything?) I have finally started the rip in comcasts pocket. As soon as i figure out a way that this will make me money, without putting me behind bars. (doubtfull) I will share it all. Tearing the whole wide open. Sorry for the lengthy post but (I HATE COMCAST) i felt that you should know that as of now there is only ONE digital cable hack.(YES.. DIGITAL). And i cannot go public unfortunatly. you will thank me later for not going public. If it leaks then they reverse my reverse engineering. Making it all worth nothing. Non-digital boxes work for analog signals, but as posted before. Analog is going all digital slowly but surely. And as for FTA.. I own that as well and even that is changing over to a new style of cypher.. N2... They will all soon be the same. Giving us something else to spend our time on, in order to not have to pay for stuff we want and services provided. God Bless America!!!! Thanks for bearing with me and reading on. I have had to keep this wonderful secret for a long time.

Anonymous

Im not a member i was just being nosey. Not that it matters anyhow. I have Comcast and have had it for years. 7 months ago i figured out how to re-write my mobile Sim cards. that wasnt easy to figure out. And now I make free phone calls on all my phones. I was using a SDK i got off a torrent site. Its linux based and can use Unix interface and commands. I turned my attention to My television right after that. For the last 5 month my laptop has been connected to SA Digital Cable box. Every 2 way communication is intercepted and sent back with the proper commands.(took small amount of time to figure those out, but with the help of one of the HPO's I got it. Who new those could be good for anything?) I have finally started the rip in comcasts pocket. As soon as i figure out a way that this will make me money, without putting me behind bars. (doubtfull) I will share it all. Tearing the whole wide open. Sorry for the lengthy post but (I HATE COMCAST) i felt that you should know that as of now there is only ONE digital cable hack.(YES.. DIGITAL). And i cannot go public unfortunatly. you will thank me later for not going public. If it leaks then they reverse my reverse engineering. Making it all worth nothing. Non-digital boxes work for analog signals, but as posted before. Analog is going all digital slowly but surely. And as for FTA.. I own that as well and even that is changing over to a new style of cypher.. N2... They will all soon be the same. Giving us something else to spend our time on, in order to not have to pay for stuff we want and services provided. God Bless America!!!! Thanks for bearing with me and reading on. I have had to keep this wonderful secret for a long time.

BRONX CABLEGUY
Unregistered guest
I haven't read any of the posts above yet, but I will. As far as analog cable in the Bronx for Cablevision and those old chipped boxes, that is now a thing of the past, if you still have a chipped box, or an RFT PLUS cable enhancer, then it wont be much time till they hit your area with a NEW type of filter which blocks all the channels that you are not supposed to have.<p>
I have been setting up chipped dpbb-7 jerrold boxes since 1992 when cablevision first came into town. It was the greatest, people would only order basic, and then buy a modified box and have everything for the price of 17.99. Then in 1994, a video enhancer came out that was battery powered and you would plug it into the back of your converter as an attachment, hold down the red button until all your channels were boosted up completely, and you had everything from channel 1-95. Back then we had SPICE, and 4 PPV channels. I remember there were also these devices called FM TRAPS that I used to purchase from radio shack in 1995, I used to buy 2 of them and put them together with a 2 end male connector so they would be linked together, then attach that to the input back of the DPBB7 boxes and boost their box with the video enhancer and trap the signal of the box with the FM TRAPS preventing any bullets from coming in, and the boxes used to stay boosted for about a week at a time, charging people $10 dollars everytime I had to go back and reboost it with my video enhancer. After a while, cablevision started blasting bullets, this didnt work anymore in 1997. Finally a new brand of electric powered Cable enhancers came out in 1998 called the RFT PLUS, which was also an attachment and you would plug it into your box, plug in the power to your wall, and just leave it on all day and this will give you all the channels 1-95, wihtout ever descrambling, and you could link the cable enhancer to boost up multiple boxes in your house. This was one of the best. In 2000 the new boxes were released, the CFT-2200, looked kinda like a VCR, those gave you channels 1-100. THose worked well chipped, and also worked well with the video enhancer attachment as well.<p>
In 2002 the new digital boxes came out, people began turning in their old boxes thinking they would still be able to boost or chip these boxes, to their surprise, they regretted turning those old boxes in. Now in 2005, I've been getting many complaints, people telling me, hey my old dpbb-7, or cft-2200 box doesnt work, come check it out. At first I thought their chips blew out, I came with a replacement box, a brand new one of the CFT2200's, chipped with a 5 wire chip, the best of its kind, and suprisingly it did not work! Ive had cable in my home, with basic cable only, paying 17.99 since 1992, always with a modified box, until about 4 days ago, when my area was hit with the new scrambler. Im the best when it comes to these analog boxes, but now Im stuck myself on what to do with these digital boxes. It's hard not having all the channels when at one point in time, for 13+ years you had it all.<p>
As far as the digital filters that can be plugged into the back of the digital boxes, you cant use them in the BRONX, because in the bronx they make you call in to order any pay per views, so it is useless. It would only work if you could order the PPV's from your remote. IF i am wrong, which i highly doubt that I am because I have tried to set up in many homes, then please correct me.<p>
There is one alternative, which I have heard to be true, and saw one person who had it, and he was a cableguy himself who worked for cablevision. There is a way to zap your card so that it may receive extra channels, or maybe all the channels, but this doesnt last forever, only a short while, possibly 3-8 months. Any comments please to my post feel free to correct me if im wrong, but that was the history on analog cable, which is now history.<p>
If you know anything about the new way on fixing the cards and have done it yourself, let us know!

Username: Kikyo

Post Number: 1
i have analog TimeWarner cable in Manhattan. Does anyone know where I can find a descrambler that's compatible?

Anonymous

I think some people are morons on this site. Especially the guy tells you the difference between filters and box descramblers. Saying they will bring the cops if you wont let the cable company in. You don't have to let the cops in either. Unless they have a search warrant. Plus I talk to a Comcast Rep. Who is a friend of a friend. He said they have no way of tracking filters right now. They gave them to employees to try and they are working on a method to track it. But haven't got one yet. What is next are you going to tell people they will get arrested for downloading music and buring DVD's.

Username: Straight_up

Post Number: 5
do not buy cabe descramblers from discount-cable .com
they are a scam SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
I ORDERED 10 CABLE DESCRAMBLERS AND THEY SENT US BOXES THAT DIDNT UNSCRAMBLE NOTHING.NOW THERE ACTING AS IF I MIGHT NEED SOME SORT OF VIDEO CARD SO UNTIL THEY RECTIFY THIS I WILL LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW NOT TO BUY FROM THEM.IF YOU HAVE EXTA TIME GO TO YAHOO OR GOOGLE AND CLICK ON THE SITE A FEW TIMES IT WILL RAISE THERE PAYPER CLICK/MEANING EVERY TIME YOU USE YAHOO OR GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE AND CLICK ON THAT WEB SITE THEY ARE CHARGED A FEE.EMAIL ME IF YOOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT .

Post Number: 6
SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT .........

DISCOUNT - CABLE . COM ARE A SCAM
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO WASTE AND IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I COULD USE SOME OF THE MONEY BACK I LOST TO THOSE CROOKS!!

Post Number: 7
DO NOT BUY FROM DISCOUNT-CABLE THEY ARE SCAMMERS IF YOU VALUE YOU MONEY DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS.ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPREAD THE WORD PLEASE DO SO THAT OTHERS DONT LOOSE THERE MONEY TO CROOKS LIKE THEM
THANKS.......

Anonymous

THANKS GUYS

Anonymous

heres a company i have ordered cable descramblers from 3 or 4 times that have done straight up honest good buisness with check them out for cable descramblers

Post Number: 8
okay guys one more thing if you have time email those crooks at DISCOUNT-CABLE at SALES@ DISCOUNT-CABLE. COM AND LET THEM KNOW YOU HEARD THEY WERE A SCAM WITH THOSE FAKE CABLE DESCRAMBLERS THAT DONT DESCRAMBLE

Anonymous

Cablevision just removed jerrold analog box at my house. Now I am stuck with digital. Suprisingly they left me the jerrold box. I called them up asking them what to do with it, they pretty much said to get rid of it. So, one night I decided to leave digital cable connected and attached analog box via 4 way splitter. So now I had digital cable and analog box cable (analog was connected to the tv). Hooray, all my old channels were working again... at least for the next 3 hours. Then all of a sudden all channels are stop showing on the analog. so i had to switch back to digital.

Anyone has any comments or why this might have happened. I suspect they have detected analog box attached to the 4 way cable splitter.

slyguy
Unregistered guest
Can anything be done in Brooklyn about cablevision only recieving basic RFT and hacked box do not work.

Post Number: 9
slyguy
if those other cable descramblers dont work in your area then its a 99% chance none will all cable descramblers work the same some just tune picture in quicker and some may have a better picture quality.

BxMoose
Unregistered guest
I have read all of the posts and still do not have a clear direction to go in. I can not believe that there isn't any way to descramble or filter digital cable. If technology can scramble it then technology can unscramble it. If there is 2-way communication then lets figure out the language and answer back. If the box has a memory then there must be a way to delete it. We need someone from the inside or someone who can out think them. So who can do this and how can I help him/her?

The Old School Cable GUY
Unregistered guest
THE OLD SCHOOL CABLE GUY. compeled to respond to the many post. first time here.I worked in a post analog Time Warner System in the phila. migrating into the digital world. dealt w/ the chip boxes, watched all premiun channels move to the digial world. moved onto comcast (sucks). I was a com/tech 3 service tech for a couple years. Digital boxes have a IP ADDRESS which is a uneek as a human finger print. first of all Comcast digital boxes Delaware County, POLES EVERY 12 HOURS with H.I.T.S / Head End. what that does is communicate w/ the cable box, customer's billing changes in account,and ppv ordering. high pass filters act as a block, preventing the two/way communication. if you power down your digital(turn off)box, with your remote or from the box, hit ok from the remote, you will pull up the diagnostic screen. the first line on the blue screen will be general statis. press (>) button
will display ppv orders. this info is sent back to HITS / Headend / billing. when that info is NOT received back @ HITS , the computer contiunes to try poling the box for that info. after a number of days, generates a NON RESPONGING BOX message into the system. comcast contacts you by phone or mail, indicating a problem with your boxes / account. requesting to come out at no charge to you. sometime they'll tell you these are older boxes, needing to be replaced. I visited hundreds of houses that had non responding boxes. only to have customers saying the boxes were working fine, or can't order any more ppv. I found many times high pass filters, or INTERNET PURCHED FILTERS were present. When I pull up dianostic screen, I find 10-20 ppv orders not sent back to HITS. guess who gets that big bill when I pole that box, and remove the filter. HITS dictates what channels you will get. I picked up a digital box off someone in the street one day, at that time I had all premiums and cable moden. I played arround with the box, installed it in my house, but would'nt get all my premiums on MY account. but what was on the previous customers acc., and only for lest than 12 hours. that box had been dorment for some time, after 12 hours it just received basic and standard / ppv previews and music. That box does'nt have a IP address, which means it would'nt get VOD or any channels above 100. ALL THOUGHT I HAVE ORDER PVV MOVIES, and installed a Hight pass filter in the line blocking the return transmision to the HITS SYSTEM / Headend . I have'nt done more than once in a 24 hr. peroid. the box is'nt showing any purcheses . If you move a digital box arround in a cable system , the Head END in that system will find that box and only give that box the channel line up on that IP address/account. changes in service can sometimes take 12 hours to see on your cable box. Buying digital boxes on ebay that have'nt been initialized would'nt work, or may only tune 1 - 99 , when I would 3 finger a non responding dig box, I had dispatch hard hit the box. removing the billing info from the box. that's a no no. if you do that to your box, you'll just get a blue screen.If you just disco box / ac line the box will just referesh, not erasing the ppv billing info. You can't chip a digital box, at lest not yet, that I know of. You have to be able to mirror back to the head a higher siginal responder. I have one apart on my work bench working to try and come up with something.
Most cable systems are moving there channel premiums to digital. If I give you a cable modem, or you buy or find one, it has to be initialized, to pull a IP ADDRESS. HITS system downloads the channel line up, comunicates billing info, and channel line up changes. I have serviced customer houses, were one box was getting premiums, and not on the other box. Call dispatch, only to find that the billing codes were wrong, account not balanceed. LIKE MODEMS,DIGITAL BOXES both are addressable , and need a IP ADDRESS. and yes I did see a few Motorola DC1000 (discontinued)that fuctioned with chips in them , that's why we pulled them and told customers they were NON Responding. I myself and few cable techs and computer geeks are working on some things. Will keep posted.

Anonymous

hi folks, does anybody know how to reset a MOTOROLA 2224 digital box?

thanx

Anonymous

for you people looking for cable descramblers for analog cable. i ordered one and it didnt work in my area i sent the box back and they refunded my money .also if you order from one of these people and they only email and dont provide aphone number they probally will rip you off.and if they only want to do c..o.d..s they probally do that so you cant notify your credit card company to cancle the payment the website above excepts cod and credit card through paypal.bewarte i bought a descrambler off ebay and it was not modified meaning it did not have video card in it thats what will allow you to get free pay per views and hbo , showtime,cinemax ,indemand,encore. also newinternetsavings is full of it they dont have descramblers i and serveral people o know have tried to get descramblers from them and no one has even got a call back .i think they"er just collecting are phone numbers or something at lease they didnt rip none of us off i guess thats one good thing!!!!!!

Anonymous

anyone no where to get test chips/bossboards/advenger boards /sony boards from
that will ship cod that has a website maybe i need regular supplier.

Anonymous

I live in Columbus Ohio and I bought a descrambler
fromm the 2005DESCRAMBLER.COM AND IT WORKED OUT PRETTY GOOD I HAVE INSIGHT CABLE.IT WORKED ON WOW
TO MY MOM HAS THEM DONT KNOW ABOUT TIME WARNER

THANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO

Anonymous

I am confused about this digital cable. I live in Long Island, NY and have cablevision. Presently they have analog and digital on the same line. I was told by a cablevision guy that they will be removing analog and they will only have digital in a few months. He said they will be giving out digital receivers to everyone. my concern is if I have 3 tv's in my house how can I watch 3 different channels using one receiver? Do I have to rent multible boxes? one for each tv like I would if I was using satalite TV ? I am not interested in the movie channels because I have net flicks and have all the dvd movies I want.
Can someone please let me know about this digital only cable service.

rasstar
Unregistered guest
You will still be able to receive the basic channels without the box.

humbuger
Unregistered guest
You will need a seperate digital box for each TV,IF you want all to receive different channels on each.

rasstar
Unregistered guest
I use a filter with cablevision digital cable. Never got charged on my bill and I did the resets. I exchanged a box some time ago and still bever got charged. I have been reading alot abt the filters not working. Anyone have success like I did using them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
digital filters are real ify some have luck with them some dont.in my opinion if a digital filter really worked why would they sell it for so cheap
and sell analog cable descramblers for so high thats kinda backwards dont you think be wise in makeing a decision.those people saying they had one and it worked for them are probally people who sell them and just want to spread the word around that they work.

Anonymous

no one is selling digital boxes yet and if someone says they are there just trieing to scam you.they may have a digital box but it WILL NOT descramble your premium channels.i sell descramblers and if they were out there id be selling them

The Myth
Unregistered guest
I have a question about the filters. Can you just put it on when you watch your PPV and then take it off so the box will answer the cable company? And how do you erase the memory from your box of what you ordered?

ELSUASUA27
Unregistered guest
I ORDERED THE FIGHT THIS WEEKEND (TITO & WRIGHT) WITH THE FILTER HOW COULD I RESET MY BOX

rasstar
Unregistered guest
Never take off the filter, I don't know what model box you have and I am not an expert but i have been using it a while now and never got a charge and I never take it off. I even returned a box one time and still never got charged.

I ordered the fight also. Was a bit disappointing but can't complain since I got it free.

jojo49
Unregistered guest
comcast in GA. are now blocking out the boxs that are not sub even with the filter on it.

Biver
Unregistered guest
Way eny budy have a cable.......its stupid..
No cable.. at oll .....evrybudy drop cable.
Lets cable company go dawn to scrap ...
)))))P

Biver
Unregistered guest
Way eny budy have a cable.......its stupid..
No cable.. at oll .....evrybudy drop cable.
Lets cable company go dawn to scrap ...
)))))P

Anonymous

the following is a channel lineup for IODigital. my question is: even though it's called io digital, if I get a descrambler can I still see channels 1-99? (which aren't digital)? if you look at the list some premiums are still bet 84 & 99 would they work? thanks

Anonymous

as long as you are offered the premium channels between 2-99 a cable descrambler will work fine for you it will not unscramble premium channels above 125 though

rasstar
Unregistered guest
Cablevision is switching all channels to digital. If your area was not switched as yet it will work but won't last long. I lost mines 2 weeks ago.

NEEDHELP
Unregistered guest
Ii just ordered a GS3 Descrambler Box online brand new and the thing is not descrambling the channels for me, the only one it does is Encore and the HOT channel but that one has no sound. how do I get this thinig working? Any advice would be appreciated greatly. it cost me $225.00 I bought it from Big Country website. It is the one on their site Called GSP 3 2005. Anyone konw how to get this thing to descramble all the pay channels (hbo, PPV, showtime, plyboy, etc.)??? I have Cablevision analog cable in Morris County NJ (they call it Family cable including basics and it is about $44 a month) How do I get this thing working???

Anonymous

NEED HELP
on your gs3 pro you should have some buttons on your remote that say m1,m2,m3,m4 or f1,f2,f3,f4
which ever ones you have you should only need to push the m1 or m2 but definately these are the buttons that you use to unscramble any channels,why didnt you call the company let me guess you couldnt get through,and no one is emailing you back...always order from some where who has a toll free number that they answer or at lease calls you back..by the way you paid to much for that box theres no difference with gs3 than with one that cost 150.00 except the gs3 should have caller id on the box.most companies offer free shipping also..

Anonymous

I have the same question as known. I have basic cable chan's 2-24, the company installed a filter inline on the house junction box. Is there anyway to open these filters and "gut" them so the tech doesn't see anything wrong, like removing the filter. There are two pin holes on the top of the filter that look like a min-spanner wrench would fit to remove the top.

I wrote that 3o days ago to the day. Today my I lost my signal and heard a ladder and a tech was climbing down. I waited and when they left I checked the junction box. He replaced the filter I removed 4 weeks before, limiting me back to 23 channels.
Let me ask again. Is there any way to gut these filters so they can be replaced and look OK?

elsuasua27
Unregistered guest
Anybody Know How To Clear Memory On Cable Box After Using The Filter !!!!!!!!!!please someone!!!111

Anonymous

"The FTA guy above receives FTA (free-to-air) satellite channels. The channel selection does not compare to pay satellite or cable."

well FTA receivers descrambles all pay satellite channels. sat companies
can't send a signal to hit the box because there is no card to program.
channel selection does compare and is better. just go to tvguide.com and look for channel
listings for dishnetwork.

Anonymous

HELP! I have 2 old Analog boxes from cablevision and one of them is chipped. I recieved a call from Cable Vision telling me that they will be coming to switch the boxes with the new digital boxes. How do I get the chip out of the old chipped box before they come and take the boxes away? Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
unscrew the box look un the top of the inside of the box chip is probally there if not see pictures i"ve sent it is probally connected with a 5-8 wire plug one end plugs into the chip the other end plugs into the main board which will be on the inside of the bottom part of the box
and your welcome bud.Upload
Upload

Anonymous

they have good wholesale prices to,i bought a vision titanium vx4500 from these guys and recieved it in 2 days,and i only paid $139.00 for it includeing shipping

Username: Playahaitian

Post Number: 3
I have a old hacked Jerrold (General Instrument) Cablevision analog box Model DPBB7522/V5
and it just stopped working...any suggestions?

I never opened a hacked box before so I wanted to know what to look for
and how to repair it.

Anonymous

im thinking of ordering one

rasstar
Unregistered guest
If you live in Brooklyn, cablevision moved the channels to digital and they are going to be doing it in all areas. So say bye bye to analog.

Anonymous

Knee Grow is a n.i.g.g.e.r loving f.a.g.g.o.t who loves to have some big cocked n.i.g.g.e.r slam his a.s.s.h.o.l.e for hours on end.

Anonymous

your mom is probally beside Knee Grow begging to get it first as usal since she s became acustom to big n.i.g c.o.c.k.s from your step dad who use to give it to you until Rod Stewart stated giving it to you ,you low life piece of scum you wouldnt say that in front of a black man because your g.a.y a.s-s-- would be you know so go finish eating your mom like you was doing last night when me and the fellows came over to gang bang you and her (your mom) KNEE GROW ignore this kid he just wants his dad to come back home and give to him and mommy somemore.

Anonymous

Message to THE OLD SCHOOL CABLE GUY. I live in the Delaware County area right outside Phila. I had a Scientific Atlantic box with a "test" chip but now Comcast went digital with all there paid channels that is now useless. I pay for basic cable now (not digital) but got a digital box that was from Montgomery Co (Motorola 2XXX). I never had digital cable or even broadband. I successfully used the box for several month with no problems (all channels but on demand and PPV and channels 99 and below were listed wrong on the menu but that is it). One day I got the blue screen but still got audio. Do you know if that means the box was hit? Can this be fixed. The same thing happened to a friend of mine as well.

Anonymous

Is there any thing for Rogers in Ontario. I took off my filter and it worked great. A week later I went away for 2 weeks and when I came back I just had basic again. They put one back on while I was gone - I wonder how they found out so quick? Now the box outside has a security seal on it. Does anyone know if there is a filter or set top box that I can buy.

Unregistered guest
HI I have a old sceintic 8550 I believe , Since they went digital I lost all my Pay channels, But My friend had my chip "it had 2 wires attached to it"
I bought like 5 of them and was just jumpingg boxes yrs ago but forgot where to get them, I am going nuts, Can someone tell me what type of chip it was and where to get them,
I also Had the same problem where I only was receiveing 2-24 because the cable company put a trap on my line I would love to know how to remove that too like the guy above.
as far as digital I will keep reading till I know more ThanKs ALL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
if your pay channels are digital chipping your box will not help that only works on analog

Anonymous

my jerrold box is locked and only shows ppv previews, how can I reset to view regular channels that I pay for?

KrazieLouLou
Unregistered guest
I live in Long Island (Cablevision's district). I have a analog Jerrold Impulse box. I get the local channels, then channels 22(HBO), 23(MSNBC), 57 & 58, 61, and 80-84. Everything else is blank channels. What is the problem and what can I do to fix it so that I have all the channels?

Anonymous

get you a new cable desrambler,possibly they may have moved your other channels to digital,but i doubt it because you said you get hbo and etc,if you order a descrambler i would"nt tell the company you get it from that you have cable vision though most of them wont sell to cablevision customers they have an agreement with them or something.

KrazieLouLou
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. Do you or anyone of you know what type of new descrambler I should buy for the Long Island (Cablevision's district)?

KrazieLouLou
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. Do you or anyone of you know what type of new descrambler I should buy for the Long Island (Cablevision's district)?

Anonymous

vision titanium vx4500 cost $139 and it sells on other websites for 159,179,199and $209 it will do the same thing as any other they are all the same only difference is some have universal remotes some may have a metal case but as long as it is vented a plastic case is good since the ones the cable comp give are plastic.most descramblers do have a vented case. they have mediatech 2200 also the guy told me when i bought mind.

Username: Sheraz

Post Number: 3
Im in Philly (PA) Suburb Area...Anyone can help me with the comcast cable or let me know where i can find Comcast discramble cable box. LK U da Man > help me..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
prices are good but of coarse i buy wholesale but regular prices are good also they usally take 2-3 days to get to you and have a 5 year warranty

Anonymous

The person in PA,

i live in Carbondale and i got my descrambler from those guys also $149 includeing shipping with universal remote

T.T. Boy
Unregistered guest
I live in Toronto and have Rogers cable. I have a rental set top box and another one that I own. I bought it online from futureshop.ca. I have 2 questions. First question is if anyone has had any luck with a filter like the one from cableboxfilters.com. Do they really work? My neighbor has FTA (which he knows will soon be gone) He said that because I own my own box, the cable company can't demand to see it even if it doesn't respond to their "calls", they can only ask for the one they rent to me. My second question is if what my neighbor said about the box I own is true? Can anyone please shed some light on these 2 questions. Thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i see descramblers4u has added 2006 mediatech 2200 to there stock $139.00 not a bad price either includes shipping.

Anonymous

i decided to order one of these descramblers after reading about it here and talking to them at the website i will let you guys know how it turns out.i ordered the vision titanium vx4500 cost was $139 with shipping

Anonymous

cable descrambler websites wont sell to CABLEVISION customers so if you want a descrambler i would suggest that you dont tell them you have CABLEVISION OR THEY WILL THINK YOUR A CABLEVISION REP CHECKING ON THERE AGREEMENT THEY HAVE.i MADE THAT MISTAKE AT FIRST AN HAD TO CALL BACK AND NOT MENTION I HAD CABLEVISION IT WORKED OUT OKAY THE WEBSITE IS NOT AROUND ANYMORE THOUGH.

Anonymous

A friend and I each purchased a fantastic cable descrambler from: cabledescramblerguy(at) yahoo.com It works between any cable box with a channel #3 output and the TV's channel #3 input and descrambles all analog cable channels on any digital or analog cable system. And, the price was only $99 +$8 shipping. They don't take personal checks, only, money orders or cashier checks but the descrambler works great and has descrambled all of the analog channels that previously were just blanked out or audio only. I use mine with a Radio Shack cable converted box where I select the channel I want to watch and when it is scrambled, it is descrambled through to the TV. Otherwise, if unscrambled, it passes the signal right through to the TV. I suppose if one had an output on a cable-ready TV, one could feed that to the descrambler box, and then back into the TV set on channel #3.

LK
Unregistered guest
Kneegrow the Mod here!

Now that Kneegrow has surfaced here again (was probably on paid vacation), have U noticed:

Analman returned
Larry Doherty returned
Punjavi returned
More thrashy disgusting "unregistered" posts
There is a campaign to get rid of me and Maple Leaf

Your posts are getting DELETED (many/most of mine) BUT NONE of his (Kneegrow) or his aliases and other "unregistered" thrashy posts..

Now tell me,that Kneegrow is NOT an Ecoustics mod, paid to create havoc here,play the clown,entertain,run these forums so as to draw internet hits for google for the sponsors and Ecoustics,and delete informative posts to save bandwidth and keeps people coming back to ask the same questions over and over (more internet hits at 10 cents each = alot of money),...ITS ALL SO OBVIOUS!...HE'S A MOD HERE!...and a SNITCH/MOLE for DTV,Dishnet,BEV and the FCC...U all think he's funny,but he's got your IP logged and your email addy (if U're stupid enough to register here)and handing it over to the authorities...

IDontknow
Unregistered guest
So if I have a dig. cable box, I'd probably be better off going to regular cable and getting the descrambler?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
as of right now you would be better off with analog cable /regular.Then you could get a cable descrambler.

Anonymous

PEOPLE IF YOU DO (NOT)HAVE CABLE HOW DO YOU THINK A CABLE BOX WILL WORK USE YOUR HEADS A LITTLE BIT.NO CABLE DESCRAMBLER OR CABLE BOX IS GOING TO WORK FOR YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE CABLE .IF YOU DONT HAVE CABLE WHAT CHANNELS IS YOUR CABLE BOX GOING TO CHANGE?NONE NONE NONE NONE

Unregistered guest
I just got a Scientific Atlanta 4200 digital box from Ebay. When I plug the box in, the screen says to call and it gives an 888 # because it says it's unauthorized.

I am currently paying for a high definition box with Cablevision. Is there any way I can program this recent purchase without getting in touch with Cablevision since I am not renting this converter from them?

Thanks.

Anonymous

hang it up buddy they are not going to activate your box for you read the fine print on your contract with them.get basic analog cable and buy yourself a cable descrambler.You have to be careful buying from ebay that box is"nt going to do you any good.you dont even know if it works the seller might not even be on ebay anymore and im sure you cant return it.You should always buy from a company /dealer with awarranty that way you could always return it,as long as the warranty is still good

Anonymous

I got my descrambler today they rock took 3 days to get it but it works great will buy from them agin 2 thumbs up.

Anonymous

descramblers do work for cablevision,i have cable vision and 2 descramblers plugged in and working why do you think most websites say they dont sell to cablevision customers?surely not because they dont work!And no you dont have to keep pushing mem1 some descramblers dont even have a mem1,mem2,mem3,mem4 buttons.Do you know how many people on cablevision that has descramblers?Evidently not.Somebody done sold you a piece of junk with an outdated video card in it?Shop at reputiable places and you wont get outdated junk.

Anonymous

I sent a post two days ago about instructions for resetting a digital cable box after putting a filter on, and it never got posted. Are certain posts getting censored out on here?

rasstar
Unregistered guest
That is because you have the original box. The universal descramblers are no good for Cablevision because they have radom inversion. The original boxes do work but only in certain areas, if you live in Brooklyn more than likely it would not work because they are switching the channels to digital. Mines was working up until about a month ago.

Anaolg
Unregistered guest
Cablevision is taking me to court and want me to settle now for $3,500 dollars and admit I used and purchased a descrambler on the net.They busted a company on the net selling them out in California somewhere and got their records of who bought them and now they want a piece of me. Is it possible for them to trace an anolog single to show that you acutally used or use the box? Someone please help me with this I need to know what they know. That is besides the fact that it was purchased. Can they tell if it has been or is in use?

Mp3dog
Unregistered guest
Cablevision threatening to sue you? Don't let them scare you.

If I were you, I'd go into court and deny that you ever received the product that you ordered. Just say that you got ripped off, and you never used the descrambler. Futhermore, claim that you didn't even realize that you were ordering an illegal descrambler. You didn't know that it could be used to receive free channels. You just thought it was a device to improve your signal quality.

Anyway, having ordered a product from a company is not proof that you used it illegally. They're just trying to use scare tactics on you. They can't prove anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us