Hooking up my vcr, tv, dvd, cable...Ready to cry!

Username: Gooduranfan

Post Number: 2
Yes, I am a woman (no offense to those women out there that know what they're doing.) But I have NO IDEA what I am doing. So if someone out there could help me. Here is the equipment I am trying to hook up and what it has for connecting:
MACROVISION REMOVER: "in" and "out" jacks (like the coaxial plugs)
TV: Audio and Video "in" and "out" and extra Audio and Video "in" and "out" on side of TV
DVD RECORDER: Audio and Video "in" and "out" (2 Audio "in's"), S Video "in" and "out", TV Antenna "in" and "out", Digital Audio Output "PCM/Bitstream Coaxial", Component Video Output "Y", "PB/CB", and "PR/CR" and Audio and Video and S Video "in" on front of dvd.
VCR: Audio and Video "in" and "out", Antenna "in" plug, and VHF/UHF/CATV plug. And Audio and Video "in" on front of vcr.

Can you see how this is confusing! There's so many "in" and "outs" that I don't know if I'm coming or going!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1643
Connect the VCR out RCAs out to one of the in RCAs on the DVD recorder with the stabilizer between on the video jacks, in from the VCR out to the recorder. If you want to record on VHS and DVD both, don't know why you would, split the cable to both. If not connect the cable to the in on the recorder. If you are using a box with s-video or RCAs, it's better to use them, if so connect them to another input on the DVD. If you used coax instead of RCAs for the cable, connect the out of the recorder to the TV. If you used RCAs or s-video, connect coax from the box to the TV so you won't have to have the recorder on to watch cable. Connect the recorder to the TV with in order of preference, the triple component connections, s-video, RCAs. If using component or s-video, you still need RCAs for audio. When you go to record, you will need to set the recorder on whatever input you want to record from. To watch the recorder, you will need to set the TV on whatever input you used.

Username: Gooduranfan

Post Number: 4
Thank you so much! You're wonderful!

Unregistered guest
I got a 27" hitachi tv for free to be used in a play room. There is a cable adapter in the rear, for UHF/VHF. None that state "Cable". Can I use a cable ready vcr/dvd player to receive the cable stations? i only receive the standard channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us