PHILIPS DVD-762 Video Player: "Disc Error"

Username: Dekayser

ParisFrance

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

I have bought a PHILIPS DVD-762 Video Player and it does not read the DVD discs properly. It works for a while (about 15 minutes), then it suddenly freezes the image the image for a few seconds, stops and displays this message: "Disc Error". How can I fix this problem?

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Louis

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1636
Don't have any heat sources under or beside it, and give it plenty of room to vent. You could try cleaning the lens with a q-tip wet with alcohol. A lot of problems are heat related.

ParisFrance

Post Number: 2
Thank you very much for your help. I will try and see if it works. The laser lens does not seem easy to reach with a cotton swab.

Username: Airbearmd

Olney, Md Usa

Post Number: 2
What type of DVD discs are you trying to play? If they are "store purchased" the other posting could be the problem. However; From tons of experience with several different manufacturers of DVD players I can assure you that some of the players will play a +R Sony disc where others won't for example. I burn alot of my own discs and have a wealth of experience to share if that is the problem.

ParisFrance

Post Number: 3
The DVD discs I am trying to play are indeed "store purchased". Thanks for your advises.

Brunswick
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how I can get rid of an error code which appears on the upper left part of my television screen when I play videos ona Pioneer DVD receiver model XV-HTD510?The message is ER (AV) and a series od numbers followed by OK. The DVD player works fine but I can not get rid of this error message!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us