Dead mitsubishi 4-inch TV. help!!

turbochica
Unregistered guest
hi all ... in 1998 my husband and i bought a used 40-inch mitsubishi tube tv. model CS-40503. we'ved loved it. (except the moving it part. takes 3 strong guys!) ... anyway, after yet another move, we tried turning it on, and everything but the picture was working. sound was great. setting displays were showing. but no picture. ... some remote button pushing and a couple of days later, we have NOTHING. no sound, no picture. in fact, pushing the power button does absolutely nothing. i know the electrical socket is working, so it's not that. i've searched online a lot today and can't seem to find any answers. i wonder if i've inadvertently pushed the wrong set of buttons and am now in some repair mode or other secret place that i can't get out of. any ideas? thanks for anything you can suggest

Anonymous

It sounds like you may have a burned out power unit/controller/regulator or simply one of the resistors, diodes or whatever. It is sort of like a fuse burned out. I think that I may have said it correctly. If it is then it can be repaired with a generic part. The problem is locating the part(s) because if there is one part that is bad then there are probably others. Also the TV was first sold about 15 years ago and is not longer in production. Unless someone dropped it the move had nothing to do with it. We have the same TV, purchased in Nov 1991 new. It has been great up until last month when it was "slow" to start. It would take several minutes for the picture to appear. Called the service dealer and they repaired it for about $300 and brought it back to the house. It worked one night and then we lost the picture. The audio worked and I could change stations even though I could see nothing. It has been at the repair enter ever since. Lets be nice and say that thus far it is has been out of my house about six weeks. Most of the time was looking for parts.
Depends on how much the set cost you and how much you are willing to pay for repairs, but without actually seeing it, it should be repairable. Once repaired it is one of the better pictures on the market. Even after 14 years we never found a TV that compares in picture quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us