How do I record onto my computer straight from the DVR

Username: Fez

Post Number: 1
I have a USB cable that is an 'A' on both ends that fits the computer and the DVR perfectly. The computer does not recognize it. Any help?

fx
Unregistered guest
Yes,

The USB port on your cable box does not output video data. You need first an STB that has a firewire output then that output must be enabled by a firmwire download from the cable company, then you need the proper software on your PC to decode and store the data.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 328
hey fx,
I'm a little curious, I've done a few installations with firewire ports that were active, most people were connecting directly to a DVD burner with firewire inputs. I've been told that connecting to a PC would not allow the data to transmit due to the Copy Protection. Have you connected or know of anybody that has connected firewire from a STB to a PC and if it allows the "Copy Once" or did it not allow the transfer of data because it doesn't recognize the PC as a video device?

Unregistered guest
How to copy digital cable box movie to laptop dvd reader/writer.

I have a dell laptop and a digital cable box which I can record movies on. It does have a" copy to vcr" function but no "copy to dvd". It has two inputs in the back that look like USB but aren't because they are smaller and have one corner cut off diagonally. Please help. Thanks

kimodom gdot
Unregistered guest
Help. I am looking to purchase a DVR which will record from a CCTV unit, I then want to be able to transfer recorded video to my PC via a Firewire. Is this possible? Can I choose the format it copies into?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us