FIX your dead receivers here

LK
Unregistered guest
Jtag it...thousands have done done this and it will guarantee to repair the receiver....its NOT dead!...just the boot sector is corrupted..Jtag is simple...U can Jtag 50 receivers a day!...U can either buy or make your own Jtag cable..This works 100% on all genuine and clones!...just follow the instruction in the link..

[link removed]

Jim Bq
Unregistered guest
Hey LK, is there any bin for pantec yet?
I am using the old autoroll for nag1 and i still have some channels left.what do I do to get nag2 channels --------sorry I am not good in this and I need help

LK
Unregistered guest
Also U can join and register at [link removed] for FREE (no idiots and bashing allowed though, so that leaves 75% of U out)

and here is the Jtag file and link there too..

[link removed]

Sorry Jim B..due to all the abuse I have received here, I no longer will provide any advice,except how to revive your corrupted Pansats or clones..let the bashers do the helping now!...

I will tell U this though.. there is no difference on how N1 and N2 bins are applied...U should always either do a factory bin or boot repair then apply the latest bin/flash...its the bin/flash that determines N1 or N2 reception..

Anonymous

LK is right ..ird is not dead....i did jtag today and my Fortec is live again...thank you guys.

Binpro
Unregistered guest
can anyone help? what are the jtag conections on the parallel port?
It doesnt say, they just want you to buy theirs... I would rather make one or use one that i curently have.

LK
Unregistered guest
Binpro..

Solder the 5 100 Ohm resistors (color code: brown, black, brown, gold) to pins 2, 3, 4, 5 and 13, (if you look closely the numbers are there). Connect 1 piece of wire to each resistor from the cat 5 cable. Next Solder pins 18 through 25 together (meaning 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25). Then connect the last wire to one of the pins 18-25. At the other end of the wire that is attached to pins 18-25, I put a small aligator clip. The clip is used to clip the ground wire (18 - 25) to the chasis of the 2500 case. I use this method of grounding on EVERY receiver, it makes it much easier.

Here is how the above jtag gets connected to your 2500:

The 5 resistor cable connection:

DB25 male connector To Pansat JTAG plug < Has a small J1 top right corner
Pin 2 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 9
Pin 3 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 11
Pin 4 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 13
Pin 5 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 19
Pin 13---------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 15
Pin 18~25---------------------------------------------------> Pansat GND

http://dsscommunity. com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4880

Username: Dish99

Post Number: 3
Can you fix a dead Fortec receiver by Jtag? I don't see any Jtag in my Aug 04 receiver. Thanks.

LK
Unregistered guest
same fix..

First try the ULTRA boot repair file (not Pansat boot repair file)....or can Jtag it same way as the Pansat..

LK
Unregistered guest
U make the Jtag cable or buy it,then U Jtag it yourself..there is no Jtag IN your receiver now..

Anonymous

I have a pantec mx ultra. It doesnt have a jtag header on the pcb. Am I screwed?

SCREW-U-LK
Unregistered guest
Will,will lk...If dsstester.com don't let
idiots on, how end the hell did u get on the sight???...From most of the thread that I have
being reading u got a dirty mouth...Also u do
very good at bashing people yourself...Looks
to me the kettle is calling the pot black AZZ O.
I like to know who do u thing u are! God! No
f_u_c_k u jirk. Also your advice is like u N.F.G.
So make like a tree and leave, we don't want your
sorry azz around anymore, U big crying pig.

Username: Binpro

Post Number: 2
made jtag
installed header
opened jkeys
erased
now what Im lost ???
The instructions after this point suck...lol
Foertec Lifetime Ultra

thanks for the spoon feeding LK
binpro

Username: Binpro

Post Number: 3
OH DID I SAY THAT IT WONT EVEN POWER UP?
LOL THEY GOT ME GOOD...
HOW MANY DAYS CAN THEY KEEP ME DOWN.......

PrayingForNewOrleans
Unregistered guest
To "screw-u-lk" and the likes: This is an informative forum and ppl are posting information for others to use. Use it at your own risk, and if you fudged up, you have no one but yourself to blame. Go call Dishnetwork and worship to them so they can screw your azz monthly with the bill, and yet, you can't wipe the grin off your face cuz they're so good to you - no down time, WOW!!! Ask youself a question why are you here in the first place? Be a lil' smarter, would you?

253 seems to work good for the original Sept 2004 Pansat. Thanks everyone else for the information.

For those poor IRDs that does not power up, you can do a lil' work yourself to verify the power supply voltages and try to make yourself a JTAG cable to revive your buddy IRDs. Look, nothing comes free, if you think you have too much $$ invested in your equipment then think again, everyone is in the buziness of making money these days, and so are you to make a living! Use your judgement, my friends - is it worth it to continue the game? For sure, no one here gives a fat azz if you pay Charlie or Dave or whoever to watch TV...

God bless the people still in New Orleans.

Troy69
Unregistered guest
Can someone help me with me with jtag process...it pretty hard for me to understant it.. the only way i will learn it is my seeing it or hands on...

TURN-FROM-YOUR-SIN-OR-DIE
Unregistered guest
SCREW U, NEW ORLEANS CAME UNDER GOD'S JUDEMENT
AND SO WILL U...TURN FROM YOUR SIN OR DIE.......
NEW ORLEANS WAS A SINFUL PLACE....WOMAN TAKEN OUT
THEIR BREAST ON THE STREETS,GAMBLING,SIX TRADE,
DRUGS,DRUNKS,F**A**GS...JUDEMENT IS COMING ON
THE WHOLE WORLD AND THATS A FACE...JUST LIKE
SODOM AND GOMORRAH...SEED TIME AND HARVEST IS
OVER...GOD HAS RUN OUT OF TIME, THE SEEDS THAT
U PLANTED TODAY WILL COME TOMORROW, IF U PLANTED
GOOD SEEDS U WILL BE BLESSED, IF U PLANTED BAD
SEEDS U WILL BE JUDGED BY THOSE SEEDS....BECAUSE
THE WHOLE WORLD HAS BEING JUDGED..."FEAR NOT,
FEAR NOT, JESUS IS THE WAY...TURN TO HIM AND LIVE
OR STAY DOING WHAT U ARE DOING AND DIE....FOR
GOD SO LOVED U THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON JESUS
SO THAT U WOULD HAVE LIFE.

Tired of the Holier than thou
Unregistered guest
Hey TURN-FROM-YOUR-SIN-OR-DIE, can you help me JTAG my Pansat? No? Then shut the he** up.

GODlikesDICK
Unregistered guest
TURN-FROM-YOUR-SIN-OR-DIE
your a fu*kin loser!!!...there is no god u ignorent stupid fu*k! fu*k god and fu*k jesus and FU*K YOU!!
fu*kin stupid bible thumper

Anonymous

This might be a stupid question but when you all are talking about dead do you mean it will not work at all? I have a Pansat 2500 A and it has dropped a lot of channels such as all the foxsports from around the country and ppv as well. So is that what you all are talking about and if not is it possible to get some of those channels back?

k9999
Unregistered guest
Need Help! My Fortec Lifetime Ultra have no power up, no light at all. After I loaded n2 bin file on my reveiver. Seems like the reveiver is dead. It's there is a program to bring it back to life? or Is there any one know how to jtag the fortec lifetime ultra?

momoffour@maktoob.com
Unregistered guest
HI I am new on the site ,I need help I HAVE LIFE TIME ULTRA,AFTER I DOWNLOAD N2 BIN MY RECIEVER
GOT FROZEN AND I HAD ABLACK SCREEN SOME ONE HELPME
WHAT TO DO PLEASSSSSSSSSE.

momoffour
Unregistered guest
I had the samething happen. more details needed.
do not use fortec loader- use blacklist loader
make sure you wait for the OK at end of download.
u maybe able to still download, shut unit off, hook up rs232 cable, have downloader ready with the correct bin file, turn unit on and start download. if tsop too damaged you may have to jtag
goto fta-central (easy to navigate & all files available

momoffour
Unregistered guest
thank you for the help... it worked at last
i have all the channels back.. the proplem was
i did the download from the rong site .i redownload it from another site and it worked
thank you .

Username: Osfp

Post Number: 1
I have 2 receivers , fortec ultra , both working fine, but one i have to give back
one receiver has a sticker on the back with a date mar 2005 , the other has no date
the receiver with the date sticker has no pins on the mainboard while the other one has a 20 pins on the mainboard , i beleive is for jtag purposes.
my dilema is which one to keep, any suggestion?
thanks

Baja 500
Unregistered guest
Need Help!

My receiver is currently not powering up. I got me a buffered jtag cable (the one with the battery holder) and hooked it up to the receiver and one to the printer port. I ran the jkey version 2.9.11 and it doesn't detect it.

Does anyone know where to hook up the red wire with aligator clip that comes with this jtag cable.....

1257694lkij
Unregistered guest
something is wrong, every time I try to print something with my pansat 300 I get an error.

P.s. where does the paper go?

Unregistered guest
any body try with 12 pin jtag for the pantec ultra
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us