Sonys new 1080P sets coming soon

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 92
For those of us with pockets not deep enough to buy the Qualia 006 $13000 set, Sony is coming out with a 50", the KDS-R50XBR1 retail price $3999, and a 60", the KDS-R60XBR1 $4999. Both use SXRD technology, which is Sonys version of LCoS. Here is a excerpt from the article below...

"SXRD boasts the highest "pixel density" of any TV available, as well as the tightest between-pixel spacing. The distance from the middle of one pixel to the middle of the next is only about 1/8 the width of a human hair! SXRD images possess jaw-dropping clarity, detail and depth, but the most striking quality is a silky smoothness that creates a more filmlike look."

They are saying that it will be the trinitron of the 21st century. I guess time will tell.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VJo8WSKnTL0/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=14 7350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 370
I wonder if the cable card will work.....Hmmm

SED will be the "trinitron" of the 20th century.

DLP will be the LAser Disc of the 20th century...

Watch and learn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
And RP LCD will be the same.....albeit to a lesser extent

Bronze Member
Username: Dlp4me

Post Number: 26
Where do you get your information?

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Some things are indeed pretty easy to see to those who are not blind. You know what I mean Helen?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Duuuh....that's not gonna cut it, tom!

Facts buddy, cough'em up!
Don't be a bullshiter!

Your fabricated speculation is not fact!

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
Not now.......But it will be. Watch and learn.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
We will see!

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Thats what I keep trying to tell you.....

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 94
Tom,

I'm sure SED's will have cablecards too. You think just because it will be on an SED that it will work any better? The reason for the cable card problems has more to do with the cable companies software, and being compatible with current firmware. Big deal. I would never have cable anyway, only sat.

There will be a market for rear projection sets for a long time to come, and LCoS/SXRD has alot going for it. Have you ever seen the Sony Qualia 006? It's the top rated rear projection set on the market today. Is it cheap? Heck no, but these new sets are a step in the right direction for affordability.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us