Options for HD in the kitchen seem limited

Bronze Member
Username: General_tso

Post Number: 12
I am interested in buying a 17 inch lcd tv for the kitchen. Of course I would like to receive hd broadcasts on that television, but I think my options seem limited. From what I understand, an hd ready tv is only good for receiving "over the air" hd. If that is true, hd ready would serve me no purpose because I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting an antenna on my roof. Next is the cable card. You can receive hd broadcasts over you regular cable if you have a cable card, right? The only problem with that is I don't believe there are any 17 inch tv's that have cable card slots. The last option is to use a digital cable box. Since this tv will be mounted in my kitchen, I don't see that happening. I think the conclusion that I am reaching is to forget about hd in the kitchen and buy a tv that just looks good with a standard definition broadcast. Please help me reach a decision here.

cableTV suckz
Unregistered guest
cable tv is ripoff. unless you know how to program FTA satellite, then you can get more movie & PPV channels than your cable company can provide for free. as for the HD broadcast, you can use the indoor one. it's almost as good as the roof top one. If my decision, i would go with an LCD, 'cause it's affordable nowaday and you'll be better of in the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us