Philips TV, need suggestions please!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 324
my local Walmart has a Philips 32" flat tv for $380. this seems to be quite lower than all other 32" tvs ive looked at. i will soon be getting a home theater system to go with whatever tv i buy. how is this tv (im not sure which model but i think they only make one). thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1530
Philips is cheap trash, hence the low price. Compare it to other TVs and you'll see how the picture looks and how much picture it crops off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
which brands would you recommend?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1534
I can tell you better what to stay away from. Samsung, Philips/Magnavox, Funai and the many different brands who sell their trash, Sylvania, RCA/GE.

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
ok well i must be tv ignorant cuz those are the only brands i have heard of and the only ones stores around here sell. you didnt mention Sanyo, but they are the cheapest so i figure theyre below the ones you wrote. so what makes something like the philips above bad? everyone i know has the above brands and i think they have pretty decent pictures.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
Sanyo is actually far more reliable than the brands I listed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
wow thats suprising. walmart has a sanyo 32" for 230 dollars, but its not flat. thanks for the help so far, do you know of any 32" tvs worth looking at for under $400. i need something that works well with a home theater system (im sure about all are fine, but just makin sure)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1543
I haven't shopped for a 32" TV, so I don't know what you can get for that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us