No audio Sima ct-2

Username: Needinghelp

Post Number: 1
Hi,I just bought a Sima ct-2 and hooked it up to my dvd recorder and dvd player through s-video,I then hooked up the audio cables from my dvd player to my dvd recorded.It records video fine ,but there is no audio on play back--there is audio while recording but no audio comes off the recorded disc.Please help,thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1528
When recording, is the audio to the TV coming from the recorder or the player? Try different audio settings in the audio menus. Try a different input on the recorder first.

Username: Needinghelp

Post Number: 2
I changed from my regular dvd player to my xbox dvd player and it worked fine with sound,while recording and after recording.I am not sure if it was the use of different cables or what but thanks for the feed back.I will try switching the audio cables and different settings because I need to record some VHS tapes as well(which I can't play through the xbox).My audio cables to my tv run through a five way selector box and not directly through any dvd or dvd recorder,but shouldn't the sound transfer directly from dvd player/vhs to dvd recorded if the cables are ran directly from one to the other?The tv audio shouldn't matter should it?Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1538
The audio should work if directly connected. I just wondered if the audio you were getting while recording was coming from the player and not the recorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us