Toshiba D-R4 Timer Record with Dish Network

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to get the dish reciever or the dish remote to work with this Toshiba D-R4? I have the dish 301 and I have tried several remote codes, 616 seems the closest, when I use this code the dvr will give me feedback on it's display "DR-1". I noticed in the instructions for the dvr that you could change it's codes (DR-1, DR-2, or DR-3) so that if you had more than one dvr you could still control them independently with the remote. I tried all three of these settings, none of them worked, the dvr just kept on flashing the same DR-X whenever I tried using the dish remote. Dish listed two other codes on their web-site 646 and 647, but the dish remote and the setup for vcr on the reciever both rejected both codes. I also called dish (waste of 30min) and they gave me 4 more codes, 672, 735, 736, and 750, none of these would work either, the reciever would tell me that the codes were invalid every time I tried to test them.

Thanks for your help!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1513
When I couldn't get a universal to work with the JVC recorder, I used a JVC VCR code. One of the 4 codes on the recorder was a VCR code, it worked fine.

wmarkel
Unregistered guest
Yea that's a good idea with the vcr codes, but those don't seem to work either. I sent a message to Toshiba hopefully they will have a solution.

wmarkel
Unregistered guest
Well according to Toshiba you can't use any other remotes with this model. So I guess I'm going to take this thing back to the store, and try again. It looks like my other options for a DVD-RAM device are Panasonic, Samsung, and JVC. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
Try a One For All remote, they have the highest compatibility. Stay away from anything Samsung. Panasonic DVD recorders, at least last I knew, use the same code as their players, so you should be able to use any remote that will operate a Panasonic player. The only way I could get the JVC to work was on a VCR code, which worked fine. I like Panasonic better than JVC myself, but LP on a Panasonic sucks, it's better on the JVC. With the price of discs that doesn't matter to me, they are too cheap to use LP anyway.

wmarkel
Unregistered guest
I think I'm going to get the Panasonic, I should have gotten it to start with but I've had problems with Panasonic VCRs in the past. Not that it was the VCRs problem, the dish reciever would blast the record signal too long and activate the timed recording feature on the VCR so that after a half hour the timer ran out and the VCR stopped recording.

Thanks for all your help, your advice has been appreciated!

wmarkel
Unregistered guest
Guess what the Panasonic does not work either:-(. Which JVC do you have is it the DR-M100S? Sorry to keep on with this but, it's way easier to select what you want to record in the dish program guide and have it's IR blaster start the recording process.

Thanks Again!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
I had the DR-M10S, I didn't like it and got rid of it. I think the Panasonic has 4 different codes too, try them all. Dish is probably made to operate a VCR, not a DVD recorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us