New problem with Samsung HL-R4266W HDTV

Username: Frankminutillo

Manchester, CT United States

Post Number: 9
I have a new problem with a troubled Samsung HL-R4266 W HDTV purchased a month ago. When watching a program, any program through my digital cable box the picture will "freeze" and remain frozen until I change the channel and change it back using the cable box. This happens frequently and at random intervals and usually with standard ( non HDTV) cable stations. It also happens with HDTV channels but with less frequency and will sometimes un-freeze after a few seconds.

Anyone out there ever experience this? Or know how to remedy it short of calling the very oxy-moronicly named Samsung Customer Service for a warranty fix that has been a very bad experience for me with the first serious problem I had with this so called state of the art television set.

Username: Pmtre

Milford, MA

Post Number: 9
I've had similar issues mostly with HD Channels
It's happpened on both my Sammsung DLP and my Panasonic Plasma both conected to Comcast digital boxes. It appears to be more of a cable problem than set issue. It usually only lasts a few seconds, but has lasted several minutes.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 426
Before we administer stern discipline to those TVs gentlemen, make sure it's not a cable problem first.

Username: Frankminutillo

Manchester, CT United States

Post Number: 10
It turns out that the problem is with my cable box. One of those that automatically records as well as sends the signal to the TV. It's a pretty nice system which acts in a similar way as a TiVo too, but it does have some bugs. The problem I had was one of those bugs. I solve it by every once in while unplugging the cable box and letting it re-set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us