Samsung SIR-T451 HD Tuner -SERVICE MANUAL, adjustment for overscan, stretch

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 15
Source for Samsung SIR-T451 HD Tuner -SERVICE MANUAL, adjustment for overscan, stretch

Ladies/Gentlemen,

Traded in a Motorola HD tuner for the Samsung (it died). The Motorola unit did a good job of "stretching" and filling the screen, and automatically stretching the image to fill the entire screen on a 16x9 screen.

Looking for a SERVICE MANUAL, hopefully so I can adjust the amount of overscan, stretch...... Local Service Center personnel are morons...

Also I noticed that when doing a "stretch"... peoples heads are cut off BIG time...

Anyone else had the same problem(s)?... and more importantly.. has anyone with the same problems gotten it fixed, or fixed it themselves???

Last question... anyone found a service manual for this unit, OR know of the part number of the service manual so I can hunt the net to find one?

(Motorola HD tuner unit did a good job of filling the screen, and AUTOMATICALLY would stretch or NOT stretch the picture as needed... Samsung unit SUCKS... Besides doing a piss-poor job of filling the screen, when receiving the different HD formats, you have to manually switch back and forth!!!! (Samsung DVD player on the other hand has some nice stretch modes.... BIG let-down on the Samsung HD tuner....)

PS: PM me if you feel you cannot post a link to the service manual.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
RE: Source for Samsung SIR-T451 HD Tuner -SERVICE MANUAL, adjustment for overscan, stretch

So no-one knows anything about the SIR-T451 HD tuner... IF overscan /strech modes can be adjusted via SERVICE MODE, nor knows where to download a service manual... or at least the name of the needed manual?

I'm sure others have noticed the above problems.

Any service tech's here on the board?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
PS: If you are a service tech and are concerned with posting info that may get you in trouble... PM me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
"Only For Service" Jack: The rear panel of the unit has a 1/8" minijack input for service use only.

I'm wondering if a test device is needed... Or just plugging something into the port switches unit into SERVICE MODE.

ANYONE?

Just Google'd "SIR-T451. Service. Manual.

First link was this thread (LOL)

clk5s
Unregistered guest
dude, look on the samsung website, and its there, in .pdf format

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
clk5s

Are you SURE the SERVICE MANUAL is on SAMSUNG's website? Availble for download? (free)

I'm talking SERVICE MANUAL..... NOT "User / Or what some call the "Owners" Manaual.

If you have a link, I'm all ears!!!

Please do post back!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
Ok... It's been two days... Where is clk5s that posted above?

maybe_this ?
Unregistered guest
http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/support/b2c_downloadcenter_detail.jsp?eU ser=&mobile=N&oid=72059&cntType=UM&cntId=198733&lang=EN

????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
maybe_this ?,

I DO apperciate the link, but that link is for the USER Manual, or what is also called the OWNER's Manual.

It is NOT the SERVICE MANUAL that tells you SERVICE information.

Two differant things.

The unit itself has a "Service port" on the back... I'm wondering IF plugging a simple "dummy" plug puts the unit into service mode, OR it's a diagnotisc plug of some type in which a special cable is needed. (Along with "special service "software".)

(Translation I was hoping that plugging a plug into the service port puts the unit into service mode, showing on screen a service menu... allowing "adjustments" that are NOT normally accessible.)

Thanks again for the link. I already had downloaded the user manual (as a back up to the hard copy USER manual)

SERVICE MANUAL
SERVICE MANUAL
SERVICE MANUAL

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
Big shout out to all you guys..

2006 is here... haven't seen any posts, so I fiqured I'd give this thread a little bump....

Last post (by me) October 29, 2005

Anyone have a that Samsung SIR-T451 HD-TUNER Service manual????

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
Big shout out to all you guys..

2006 is here... haven't seen any posts, so I fiqured I'd give this thread a little bump....

Last post (by me) October 29, 2005

Anyone have a that Samsung SIR-T451 HD-TUNER Service manual????

Anonymous

I'd like to know if the service port can be used as a control port for switching channels from my TiVo, or if I need to use an IR Blaster interface?

Username: Jscudder

Post Number: 1
My SIR-T451 STB doesn't ZOOM properly either...it overscans making the the picture too wide for the screen, cutting off information on either side. There has to be some way of adjusting this.
Is there a secret service menu? Possibly accessed with certain remote key combinations?
Is a service manual available?..and I don't mean the downloadable 'User Manual' found at the Samsung website.

John
jscudder is online now Report Bad Post Report Post
Edit/Delete Message
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us