Sony 42" Trinitron Repair Question

Username: Onslaughtnem

Savannah, Georgia USA

Post Number: 7
Hey all, my dad is giving me his 42" Sony trinitron. Its still in excellent condition, but I noticed the left side of the screen is starting to slant down. Its easily noticeable to me on stations with moving bars like CNN or ESPN. My question is, would this be an expensive thing to get fixed? $200 or so would be fine by me since the tv is free, but would it be so expensive as to not bother? Is it even possible to fix? Thanks for the time all.

Unregistered guest
HI, my sony trinitron tv is going on the blitz. It turns on just fine, but after 1 min. or so it looses it's picture.
I had a friend w/ the same problem. My question is, Is
it fixabale, can I do it myself, or how much will it cost to fix??

If anybody out there reads this, please help!

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1015
Yes, both of your problems can be fixed. Do not attempt to self repair unless you know exactly what you ae doing. Hard to give repair estimate but expect $200 at a minimum-probably more.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony Trinitron KV-36FS16 manufactured FEB 2002.

The video craps out after it's on for about 3-4 munutes. Besides the above, I have found two more people with the same problem.

Sony is no help.

I called a repairman to see if he would come over and fix it. His respose, "A Sony! Forget it.

You can call 866-925-7278 a parts place.

I haven't opened up the back to see if it has a separate video card yet. You would have to know this to order the part.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us