Toshiba 52HMX84 VS Samsung 5063? Which one is better??

Bronze Member
Username: Afrogeek

Post Number: 11
OK, I need help and fast. I have the above mentioned Samsung. However, it's within 30 days. I would like to get everyone's opinion on the Hitachi, which is about the same price. I watch alot of HDTV and Digital TV using the dish. I have till tomarrow night to decide.

Help!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
OK, I guess I will answer my own post. My gut feeling is telling me to go with the Toshiba. I have read the posts and most of the issues were resolved by the users buying better components. Very few to zero lamp complaints. I noticed that there were very few total break down threads.

I like the screen splitting and the illuminated remote. I just can't find any item that the samsung out did the Toshiba in. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Drew VW
Unregistered guest
After researching a month or so, I have come to the same conclusion. I dunno if that makes you feel better or not :-)

So..where are you getting it? Are you sure you want the 84 and not 94?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
HI Drew, I like the 94 better, but I cannot afford it. The 84 cost alot less. I was going to pick up the Toshiba last night. But the return guy jerked me around to the point where I may go to the BBB regardless of the outcome. I expect to pick up the Toshiba by this weekend after returning the Samsung.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
OK, Here's the deal! I purchased the Toshiba and so far it's doing quite well. The SDTV is very good. I'm using a cheap component cable. I'm wondering if this is why it is hard for me to tell the difference between HD and SD on this set. DVDs look good and I'm using progressive scan, not HD. NO marching ants, I only see rainbows when I turn my head fast and they are less vivid, less noise, and it looks better than the samsung. I'm not going to say it's better than the samsung. But, it's certainly not worse! The drawback I see with this unit is that it only has one HDMI input and no DVI input. The 94s have two HDMI inputs and the salesman was mis-informed and told me it had two like the 94s. I could use the component inputs, but I need to get a conclusion on the quality difference between component and DVI/HDMI
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us