Question about Samsung DLP Lamp

Username: Bobczupryna

Post Number: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just found this site and I'm really in need of some advice. I bought a Samsung HLN50651X 50" DLP last year. It has been working well. I'm in the military and just moved to Okinawa Japan. I had all my stuff shipped over and received my tv today. I hooked it up and it worked fine for a minute then the screen went black. I still get audio but no picture. The lamp indicator on the front blinks and after a minute or so, you can hear the tv try to reset, the lamp indicator goes off then it tries to turn on again, then the lamp indicator starts blinking again. I pulled the lamp out and I'm not sure if it's burnt or not. When I look into the lamp, there's a wire on the inside (I'm assuming like a filament)that runs from the side to the middle. In the middle of the bulb there's a glass cylinder of some sort with a wire coming up from the middle of it. The 2 wires cross each other and touch, but they are definitely two seperate wires. Should they be, or is it supposed to be one continuous wire? I would really be greatful for some advice. I don't want to order a new lamp if that's not the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 32
I'd look at the blub very carefully...

Maybe check it with an ohm meter...

I'd put money on it got banged around during shipping.

If it was ME.... I'd HAND carry that blub with me on the next move.

PS: They do run the same voltage /freg in Okinawa Japan as they do in the States, don't they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us