Problem with a Sony 51HW40

Username: Oper10157

Post Number: 1
I purchased this unit 3 years ago and the of course the extended warranty ran out July 24 2005. I went to turn it on the other day and it seems as if I have a picture on top of a picture. Its kinda like a shadow. It's hard to explain. Im new here and sorry if this is a common problem that has been discussed already but I would like to find out a little before I get a service guy out. One guy wants $85 just to come look at it and another wants $129. I need to at least pretend I know what they are talking about when I get them out.

Thanks.

Username: Msriniva

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with a Sony 51Hw40 also. IT is 3 years old. A few days ago, I moved the TV upstairs. There is a wavy line that is apparent when I connect a dvd player or a satellite signal that looks like a thin thread in a sine waye shape around the middle of the screen from side to side that seems to move up and down very gently. It is almost like a thread behind the screen. Could anyone comment on what this is? It does not look like a scratch as it moves up and down slightly.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 623
Who's surprised? Raise your hand......How did the Extended Warranty work out for ya?

I hope those on the fence read these threads.
If you are thinking of buying this crap you have to ask yourself"

Do I feel lucky? Well....do ya?

Raise your hand
Unregistered guest
Great tech advice there Bong the Dong

Silver Member

Post Number: 711
Yep the best advice is to stay away from this technology until the problems match the Plasma, LCD amd CRT threads in ratio.

Not too many RPCRT problems here except on th 65" Mitsubihi. I wouldn't touch that one either.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 868
Tom-

You really are an idiot. "Yep the best advice is to stay away from this technology"
The Sony 51HW40 is a REAR PROJECTION CRT based TV. Come on Mr. CRT, shouldn't you know this? You just made fun of people who chose RP CRT over other technologies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 716
My bad. Becasue I rarely if ever read of RPCRT issues in a RP TV forum I assume out of habit and reality all problems are with the lamp based crap in this part of the forum. Can't blame me there.

To the poster I apoligize and hope you get your issue fixed. Apparently RPCRT issues are rare but the good thing is you will get a service tech who knows what he is doing as they have been around awhile.

IM guessing you lost your EW money. NEVER buy them things. Especially on proven technology.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us