Which 32" SDTV should I get? (not getting hdtv till it's more standard.)

Username: Tmansdc

Post Number: 3
Can any of you recommend any 32" TV's (flat screen or not.) that are sdtv's that are good ones? I have a kv-32fs120 that is going back today, due to the fact that the s-video and component inputs flicker on dark colors. I don't like the fact that the sony wega has a kinda dull picture (although i heard that after 200 hours the picture becomes brighter is that true?)

So I was wondering, should I just get a replacement wega, or should I just get something like the toshiba 32A43 or the panasonic clt15l or something like that or the jvc 32" one. (forget what model number it is.) or what?

Thank you very much.

Need answer in 80 minutes from this post. Thanks.

bobccity
Unregistered guest
I have always liked sony products. It sounds like a problem with the inputs on the tv. That does happen, yes even with sony. I would replace it for a new one. If there is still a problem, you might want to consider a cable replaceemnt. I recommend Monster Cables. They are awesome, and give you a great picture.

In summary, I would stick with the sony. Just exchange it.

Post Number: 5
Any other suggestions? It's not going back till thursday now.

Post Number: 6
Also, on the sony's, is there a way to increase the brightness and contrast more? I set it to 50 (there are 63 lines on the picture settings.) That's the highest you can put them without a chance of burn-in (well, there still is but if you crank it up pass that supposedly burn-in can happen as quickly as a plasma/rptv.)

Any tips? The picture on the kv-32fs120 is kinda dull/dim. Thanks.

The tv has only been used for about 65 hours.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 980
Sony makes the best consumer CRTs period. Anything else is a compromise. That said, not all Sony sets are created equal. When I use the term "best", I mean producing the most accurate and life-like images. It is no coincidence that many, if not most professional broadcasters with essentially unlimited budgets, choose Sony monitors.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1478
For the price, their reliability could be better.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 992
Ageed. Not at the top of the long term reliabilty chart. But not at the bottom either. Seems like one has a choice: a tv with an acceptable but inferior picture that may last into the 22nd century or one with a superior picture that will not last as long. One day we may have the best of both worlds. Although my experience with Sony reliability has been excellent-one repair in almost 30 years of using various models.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1484
True they're not down with the bottom feeders, RCA, Samsung, Philips, Funai, but they aren't as reliable as JVC, Panasonic, Sanyo, all of which are considerably cheaper than Sony.

Post Number: 8
I was wondering, should I take back the 32" and get the 27" WEGA instead? I mean, it would be clearer due to the smaller size.

But I already paid circuit city to come and replace it so is it too late? Or can I call them and replace it over the phone? is the picture that much clearer/sharper on a 27" WEGA? Because my 32" WEGA looks pretty blurry with a sega genesis/cd through rf and dreamcast through composite. Would 27" make that big a difference? What about regular tv?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1489
Going up to 32" from 27" there is definitely a loss of contrast/brightness and sharpness. Colors are better on a 27" too.

Post Number: 9
any other opinions?

Post Number: 10
sorry for second post but i need to know by 6:30 PST tonight.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I need some opinions by tomorrow at 9:45 AM. PST time please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us