How does Dish Network lay wiring?

Silver Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 114
I want to ask a dumb question. Our house is two floor with built-in cable. But the charges from the manoply cable company are much higher than Dish Network. So I have intention to switch. When the installation guy come to my house does he need to lay an entire wiring in all my 4 rooms? Or can he utilize the built-in cable wiring in my house? I asked this because if he needs to relay new wiring (from the dish on roof to every room) that would be a mess. Thanks in advance.

Cable boy
Unregistered guest
It would depend on how old your wiring is in the house. If it is old RG59 it should be replaced. If it is RG6 cable they should just have to run a line to the plaace in your house where all the lines go(utility room or closet or garage). If all of the lines are run to there check what is on the cable itself. I would advise if there are connections on all of those wires to just have the cable company come in and do an install for 1 tv. After they leave purchase a splitter and activate the lines yourself. If there are more then 4 tv's you may also want to purchase an amplifier. Cable company currently does not care how many total tv's there are in the house. Those TV's will get cable ready signal. the one they hook up will get either standard or digital depending on what you want to have hooked up.

Silver Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 117
Thank you.

But I heard the splitter will cut the signal strength to half. Maybe that's for analog signal. The house was built around 1990 so it shouldn't be too old to have newer cables.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us