TV or Projector

Username: Grayfin

Post Number: 1
I've just bought a new flat and i'm doing it up. When it came to the living room i had this great idea that instead of a tv i'm going to buy a projector. I know that for the price i can get a much bigger picture with the projector. I am on the verge of buying but i'm still bit unsure of using if mainly for normal tv watching -(rather than just for a home cinema , ect). Is this a good idea?

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 112
That depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is how much control you have over light. You will get much better brightness, and a much more useable image in high-light conditions, with a DLP or LCD TV than with a PJ. But if you have reasonable control over light conditions, there's no reason why you couldn't use a PJ as your main (only) video display.

Username: Hogwild

Post Number: 10
Determine your desired screen size first.

This will dictate your optimal seating and speaker locations.

If you have the room for it a front projector can have a greater theatre effect.

Unregistered guest
If the true movie experience is what you wish to create, then a projector is the way to go. Todays projectors produce images so bright and crisp, deciding on a video display may not be that hard. You do need to consider the ambient light factor and if you can control it. Do you watch only at night when it's dark? Do you have shades? Is there a small amount of light and you just need a brighter projector? What is the screen size you want? What format screen do you want?Where will you be sitting? Where will you mount the projector and screen? These are all questions that you should ask yourself and then maybe stop by our site for some answers.

www.digitalhsolutions.com
www.digitalhsolutions.com/Optoma/Optoma_Projectors.html
www.digitalhsolutions.com/BenQ/BenQ_Projectors.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us