KDF-50WE655 Non-Issue with "Blur"

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 116
All this time, I had associated motion blur with my Sony KDF-50WE655, which I purchased in March of this year. I recall some owners saying they don't see this as much of a problem and now I realize why. Motion blur is based on specific programming. Jay Leno on the HD NBC channel does display a lot of motion blur with side-to side movement (for example, as he's
walking and his head moves slightly side to side there is blur). However, I later noticed that all HD movie channels have little or no motion blur and HD Net and other HD channels display little or no motion blur with video content. HD Discovery Theater, on the other hand, has on occassion had horrible motion blur when broadcasting the occassional opera. Watching sports video content on ESPN produces a blur-free image. Perhaps the newer sets can adjust for specific channel content but over all, motion blur really isn't an issue but it took me 5 months to realize it! It has to do with specific stations, I suppose.

Username: Harley572

Post Number: 4
I have the 42we655. i do get blur on such thing s CNBC Stock symbols(almost like double image), I noticed on baseball games when shot is on pitcher the bater is blured and backround is blured. Almost like a camcorder when the closest object is what it is focused on and the rest looks blured. I dont know if this is a problem with my set or normal for LCD. Have you noticed this. other than this the picture is excellent

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 117
I haven't noticed that at all. It may be the specific channel. Have you seen this on other channels? I was watching sports on ESPN and other channels and I hadn't noticed anything like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us