HSony Wega LCD/ lights up but no picture

Username: Harley572

Post Number: 3
I have a sony 42we655 built june 05 just purchased. when set is turned on (cold) the screen lights up only and loud ringing from speakers. this does not go away on its own. I need to shut off tv and turn back on then i get normal picture. When tv is warm will not do this, only after fan has cooled bulb down and started will light with no picture. Sony is sending a tech out . i just wanted to know if anyone had similar problems, hate to see major repairs on new tv . Thanks harley572

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 22
Herb,

MAKE SURE TO PSOT BACK DETAILED info on what the FIX was, with parts numbers preferably...

I would assume the "tech" has come out by now? (Today is the 27th, you posted the 13th)

PS: On hating to see major repairs on a new set... Well at least it's "new".... and you have a warranty... and or can maybe get the set swapped out for a new one if they cannot fix it in a timely manner. While it is a "pain"... not all sets off the assembly line are going to be defect free.

Good news is "most" electronics... will be trouble free once they get beyond 30 days.

One thing you SHOULD do is to plug the unit into a UPS to filter the power.. and try to filter inputs as well.

Username: Harley572

Post Number: 7
Hi The tech came out a two weeks ago replaced what is called a Q box. After that the problem changed to a hot problem and set would lose all functions and when turned off would take 75 blinks of green light, and set would come on with vertical colored lines completly across screen. needed to reset to work for about 15 minutes before it would lock up again. sony sent another tech out a few days ago and they replaced the Q box again and small cable going to it. Tech thinks 1st replacement box may not have been pluged in securley but changed it just to be sure. Ste is working fine now for last three days(knock on wood). Under warranty so dont know part #s or price. part is about 3"x4"x6" silver box with internal coaxial cable line. Hope this helps Good Luck. By the way Sony reps were very helpful and seemed as if they truly wanted to correct problem and called service co. to ensure they came out expeditiously.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us