DVD picture is black and white on Sony tv

Unregistered guest
We hooked a Norcent 316 dvd player to a 10yr old Sony and the picture is great but in black and white. We hooked same dvd player to a small Magnavox and it was great and in color. What are we doing wrong? My son says he had the same problem with his Sony a few years ago but doesn't remember how he fixed it but thought it was with the remote. Please help.

Username: Srivas95s

Bangalore, Karnataka India

Post Number: 1
In my Philips DVD player i wanted to play DVD so i wanted to enable some options , using remote control i used sytem option menu which is displayed in my sony tv. in that progressive scan option was off(default) but i made it on. now i am not able to see any picture in TV screen, to make that progressive scan option off , no display is seen in tv , also i am not able to play any video only audio is working what i should do kindly help me out?

Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 2
If you are using the component connection try to connect another type of connection. As far as I know progressive scan is only valid for component.

Username: Cagcag

Post Number: 1
Anyone have unlock information for: JVC XV N44?
Thanks

Chad Robert M
Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook up a Sony 5 disc DVD player to a PROSCAN TV. The TV does not have an S-Video jack so I am using the RCA jacks. I am going stright from the DVD player to the TV. I get a picture but it is in Black and White. Can anybody help me?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1848
Are you using the composite output or one of the component outputs? You might have the PAL/NTSC settings wrong, if it has them.

Unregistered guest
I have a Nexxtech dvd player it was working great for a while but when I turned it on today there was no picture or sound. I tried every dvd I had and none of them played but when I put a regular cd and dvd cleaner inside of it, it played. I didn't waste anything on it and all the cables from the dvd to the TV are secure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us