Anyone else with a problem ike this?

Username: Frankminutillo

Manchester, CT United States

Post Number: 4
I have a new Samgung HLR-4266W that produces HDTV pictures that look like this but after an hour or so of running, they clear up and look great for a while then gradually--variable times- become all screwed up again. This happens with my cable box which is connected to the component video inputs as well as my dvd player which is connected through the s-video input. The set worked fine for the first few hours then there was a very short flashing horizontal green line across the screen and shortly after the screwy picture as shown in the first picture.The short flashes still occur at intervals even with the bad pictures.
Upload
then after a while it looked like this:
Upload
then slowly changed to this:
Upload
Then after an hour or two the display would clear and look great ( picture here does not do the actual display justice):
Upload
Only to start again after a while and after the set was sut down and restarted.

Any technical folks out there have any ideas.

Samsung couldn't help over the phone and have assigned it to a local repair place, but they haven't arrived and I would like some other clues before they do.

Not that I am of little faith , but I am.

Post Number: 7
A follow up. Samsung sent a repair person here, actually a guy from a local TV repair company, and he didn't have a clue. Heand his little local repair company sat on the problem for a few days until I asked Samsung to replace the set. They denied my request. They then decided to send in an "A" level technical repair person to have a look. They are due next week. Meanwhile I still have an expensive psychedelic image generator rather than a nice new HDTV to use to watch my Red Sox play.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 208
Have you tried to send Samsung an e-mail with a photo of the problem attached?

Have you talked with the Executive Customer Relations area directly?

Post Number: 8
I have sent them pictures via snail mail and email. I have repeatedly asked to talk directly to Executive Customer Relations. They did not connect me but one of the customer relations persons gave me a name ( first name and last initial only) of someone in Executive Customer Relations that I wrote to. They did admit that the company they asked to do the repair initially was their lowest level of service provider , and that the new one is supposed to be their highest level. One of the customer relations persons confessed to me that while they claim to entertain replacing faulty sets, it is unlikely that they will.

Bronze Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 38
Another few thousand spent...again with issues and clueless technicians...And you guys are teeling me RPCRTs are not worthy?

Well all you DLP lovers jump in and help this guy. MAke him feel good about spending thousands on not ready for primtime technology!!!

CAll executive customer relations.....as if they are not already getting hundereds of calls each day. Its no wonder they won't replace sets. They would have to make three extras for every ten they sell......

Anonymous

You are not helping, tom.

Stop being a jerk.

Go help some people with CRT problems.
There are plenty if you care to look.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us