Hooking up DVD player to Motorola DVR box

Username: R_smith

Post Number: 1
Hi, Im a relative n00bie when it comes to DVR equipment so please be patient with me :-)

I recently got Adelphia cable installed with their new Motorola 6200 series DVR. I have a late 90s model Curtis Mathes Tronics TV. I recently purchased a Phillips brand DVD player from my local walmart and all I wanna do is hook-up my DVD player to the DVR so I can use both with my TV consecutivly without constantly having to switch the AV cables on the TV to use either or.

Can anyone help!? The cable company says its not possible but the DVR user guide says otherwise, just dosnt explain how.

fx
Unregistered guest
The DCT 6200 (Motorola) is not a DVR for starters. The DVR model is the DCT 6412.

Next the cable company is correct, you cannot run your DVD player through the Motorola box, no matter which one you have. The proper inputs that would allow this are disabled by all cable companies in the USA so far as I am aware.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
Can I download taped shows (which I've saved on my Motorola DVR) to DVD?
I noticed there is a USB port on the front of my DVR box. Is it possible to transfer the DVR'd shows to my computer?

fx
Unregistered guest
You can record saved shows in realtime by connecting an S-Video cable to most any DVD recorder. You cannot use the USB port, it will be disabled. If you have a firewire connection on your STB (and it is enabled by your Cable Company)the raw video data can be transferred to a PC via 169Time. You might do a net search on this 169time.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us