Bulb life

sony fan
Unregistered guest
i have a kdf42we655 sony. is there a way to find out how many hours used on lightbulb

Anonymous

yes/no yes you can but no because it's in the service menu which if accessed will void your warrany

Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 4
how do you access the service menu

Anonymous

ENTERING THE SERVICE MENU COULD VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND RENDER YOUR TV USELESS!!!
Heed this advice. Only those that know what they are doing should enter. For the novice, there is nothing to be gained by entering and everything to lose.

Anonymous

Sony KP-53S25 bought in 1997 has no picture. While watching TV the picture went away. Sound was there. Later the sound went away - not sure if the kids pressed some buttons on the remote that made audio go away. Can't check anything. All i can see when powered on is some horizontal colored lines (red, blue and green- sometime in waves form. Looks like the tubes/guns are ok. What could be wrong here.

Chakra
Unregistered guest
Sony KP-53S25 (Rear Projection TV) bought in 1997 has no picture. While watching TV the picture went away. Audio is still ok. When TV/Video button is pressed, i can read the letters of the
video mode selected - streached out, not very clear. When power is turned on, all i can see is
red, blue and green lines moving like waves in the center of the screen - sometimes streaches beyond the center. When channel is changed looks like some built in test is performed - stby/timer and stereo leds on the front panel is blinking, with cliking sounds for about 30 seconds. When this test is stopped, the channel is changed - audio can be heard but no Video. What could be wrong here ? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us