Loewe Aconda 38"

D. Nichlas
Unregistered guest
I have a new Loewe Aconda Direct View 38" HDTV.
The best CRT available. I have some color change in the bottom rt. corner, turning white to yellow and yellow to gold.

Anyone ever hear of this?

Unregistered guest
It's probably a problem with magnetism--large tubes have that problem. You'll see it mentioned in this review:

http://www.avguide.com/newsletter/April_TPV/loewe_aconda_38.jsp

Unregistered guest
have you gott'en the color change fixed yet?I'm thinking of buying the 38" inch Loewe?Would you recommend it?Thanks.

JWS
Unregistered guest
Anyone have any additional recent experience with the Aconda 9383? The one dealer in my area really pushes this as the "reference" picture. It doesn't have HDMI/DVI and isn't perfectly flat, but a 38" 16:9 tube certainly is an interesting prospect. But the sales approach seems to be: add audiophile snobbery to a tv, and you have the $4000 tube.

I'm interested anyway for some reason.

Unregistered guest
I have a new Loewe Aconda 32", however I also have a new JVC recordable DVD and I cannot get the 2 of them to sync up. I can watch TV if no DVD in JVC. I can watch DVD if DVD in player but cannot watch TV. When I try the Auto Set-Up TV and DVD it comes back as Unsuccessful. Any ideas ???

Thanks
Conor.

pcdano
Unregistered guest
I have had my Loewe 38" Aconda for over a year, had a Planus before that. It is hooked up to a Marantz dv4300 progressive scan dvd player by way of Transparent component vid cables. I am no videophile, but the picture is just awesome.

M3UBERALLES
Unregistered guest
I have the 38 inch Aconda. There is nothing else out there to compare this TV to becuase it is in a class by itself. I have a K.I.S.S. divx dvd player hooked up to mine and it makes the divx movies look much better than viewing them on my computer. This is truly the best television period. I cannot tell you how many times I have had people over and seen thier jaws drop when they saw Hi-Def content on this thing. Not to mention the fact that you can have a ton of things plugged into it at once and it will let you plug your computer into it to for an awesome gaming screen, my Apple powerbook recognizes it automatically as a Loewe 16:9 monitor. Simply Awesome.

Username: Chasp

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 1
I also have the 38" Aconda,i don't know of anything that can touch it! I just bought a Mits 52628 DPL, so i'm selling the 38" Aconda with HD-tuner and stand for $1500 picked up in the Tampa Fl area!

Chas

Unregistered guest
to: Charles peterson

Do you still have that 38" aconda? I'm looking for one. Unfortunately I'd have to drive from Omaha, nebraska to pick it up, but if there was a way you could freight ship it, I'd be happy to buy it from you..I think the fuel for my diesel dually 4 door 4x4 would cost more than the shipping would. Let me know..my email is beemer1@att.net
Thanks
Dave Beem
TSgt, USAF
Just back from Iraq finding an empty house and my four kids gone..along with my wife, all the household furnishings, cars, and everything else..and 13 years of marraige down the tubes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us